all posts post new thread

Nutrition Carnivore Diet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Spartacus

First Post
Hello,

Am after a bit of advice about the carnivore Diet,has anyone tried and what do you do about constipation?Am currently having chicken wings,pork,eggs and full fat milk, because am constipating am having to add sweetcorn to my meals,can anyone off any advice?

I cannot offer dietary advice on what tweaks you might need. However, I can say from experience that the Squatty Potty product that helps one assume more of a squatting position when using the toilet has been helpful for me. It helps certain aspects of my inner self find outer expression.

@Spartacus, welcome to the forums!

You made need to add more fat intake to your meals. Fattier cuts of meat, like ribeyes and pork shoulder would do more for you than chicken wings. That would be my advice. Steer clear of veggies on this way of eating.

I was on it for three or four weeks. A very nice experience. I didn't experience any constipation, if anything, I was runny. Make sure you get enough sodium and water.

I think Shawn Baker has said that most people's digestion, if at all affected, sorts itself out in a few weeks.

Some people seem to do best going all beef for at least a period of time.

It seems to be a time thing for most people. Like @seward pointed out, most GI issues seem to work themselves out after 2-3 weeks.

Any reason you're avoiding beef?

This is totally anecdotal, but I've heard one person say that they found pork much more constipating than beef. I don't know if it's true, and it makes absolutely no sense to me, but reality is not limited by my ability to understand it...

Hello,

Am after a bit of advice about the carnivore Diet,has anyone tried and what do you do about constipation?Am currently having chicken wings,pork,eggs and full fat milk, because am constipating am having to add sweetcorn to my meals,can anyone off any advice?

Cut the dairy if you have digestion issues. I would eat more beef also.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom