all posts post new thread

Nutrition Carnivore nausea

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Brivs14

Level 1 Valued Member
I am a week into the carnivore diet. Usually I work out fasted even before transitioning to the ZC but lately I have been getting nauseous at the beginning stages of my workout is this a common occurrence for others? Also, I find that I don’t get super hungry on the carnivore diet find myself only eating breakfast and dinner. Anyone else having the same effects ?

thanks!!!

I had an unsettled stomach on and off for the first month or so, though not specifically nausea during workouts. Cleared itself up after that.

I am a week into the carnivore diet. Usually I work out fasted even before transitioning to the ZC but lately I have been getting nauseous at the beginning stages of my workout is this a common occurrence for others? Also, I find that I don’t get super hungry on the carnivore diet find myself only eating breakfast and dinner. Anyone else having the same effects ?

thanks!!!
Welcome to the forum. I did strict carnivore for about 2 months and here’s what I noticed... Was never ever hungry doing S and S in the early am but when I compressed my rest times a little I noticed I was getting crazy hungry around 12 when before I was eating my first meal at around 4pm. Never had nausea but I did have the runs intermittently (which I could never figure out because steak and eggs is steak and eggs. Not sure why some days were like that an others not). I still drink coffee pre workout too and I feel like THAT makes me a little nauseous for a minute for whatever reason.
One thing thing I did after listening to Robb Wolf and Sean Baker talk about it was adding salt or electrolytes to my water pre-workout. Wasn’t a GAME changer but I definitely felt better for sure.
I also have this observation recently. I tried adding a few things back in seperately. Avocados, cauliflower, sweet potatoesand protein powder. You can really tell how your body responds to stuff when you’re basically on an elimination diet. With avocados my digestion was fine. The sweet potatoes, cauliflower and protein powder really upset my stomach. I’m pretty bummed about it because I don’t really want to eat beef and eggs for the rest of my life. Lol. I noticed immediately with everything but avocados a sort of lethargy and fogginess throughout the day. I’m sure some of it was mental but I swear I just feel SO much more clear headed eating just the steak and eggs.
Also, had previously been fat adapted from keto before I did carnivore. So that might be why I didn’t have the nausea. But I also never go the “keto flu either” I just sort of adapted quickly I guess.

I am definitely going to be adding some salt into my water and will probably try working out non fasted I’m thinking that might be the reason because of the transition. I feel like
I never ever get hungry which is pretty nice I’m eating about two meals a day eggs and bison and for dinner either ground beef patties or sirloin patties for now. Physically I feel great aside from those small bouts of nausea things have been pretty good! I didn’t come from Keto so I may not be adapted I was carb cycling before. Thank you so much for ya input!

I am definitely going to be adding some salt into my water and will probably try working out non fasted I’m thinking that might be the reason because of the transition. I feel like
I never ever get hungry which is pretty nice I’m eating about two meals a day eggs and bison and for dinner either ground beef patties or sirloin patties for now. Physically I feel great aside from those small bouts of nausea things have been pretty good! I didn’t come from Keto so I may not be adapted I was carb cycling before. Thank you so much for ya input!
Is it like a cold sweat head rush nausea or a strictly stomach nausea?

I love drinking a glass of pennies in the morning. Or at least that’s what it tasted like when I did it.
Good point. Recommendation on the bottle is 40 drops per gallon of water. Many start off with 2-4 drops per 16 oz water.. I've been using the product for a few decades so I don't remember my initial dosage.

thanks!!!
How much meat are you eating in a day. I struggle to get down 1.5-2lbs a day just to hit my protein target. I seriously have no appetite for anything anymore and eating is a chore. In all honestly though, the return on investment is there. Body comp is improving drastically and I feel like I can see myself gain muscle for the first time in a long time (though it’s probably just the fact that I’m losing body fat).
Also just curious... What kind of training are you doing?

Body comp is for sure a huge plus only on week two and can already see a major difference. I’m actually getting ready to fight (boxing) so aside from all the actual fight training I do a lot of functional strength and conditioning coupled with strength days. I had broken my foot put on some weight with the downtime and the shut down of everything just felt sluggish and slow with my routine carb cycle menu so my coach and a fellow fighter recommended I try carnivore. Right now I’m at about a pound. I find that on days that I don’t work 2-3 meals mostly post workouts and I’m full! On days that I work (work 12 hour days) I’m starving for some reason. Are you still carnivore or what do you do now? (Btw sorry for the late response)

Thoughts on dairy products mostly sharp cheese in carnivore diet ?
If you tolerate dairy it’s a good way to not go crazy and spice up a meal. Certain cheeses I do okay with. Hard ones mostly. Softer more milky stuff makes my stomach rumble immediately. Cheese also seems to be a stalling factor for some people trying to lose weight cause they’ll eat like 1-2lbs a day.

As Chris mentioned, like most things, tolerance varies. There are different levels to the carnivore regimen, quality raw grass fed cheese is fine for many. A pretty good source of Vit. K2 and leucine.

A ribeye smoked in a Traeger topped with some raw blue cheese comes to mind.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom