Cast iron kettlebells

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations - Kettlebell' started by Nacho, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Nacho

Nacho Triple-Digit Post Count

So far I have only used competition type kb’s and I was thinking of getting one cast iron bell. I have no idea how to tell if its ”a quality bell” or not.

This black seems pretty standard bell to my eye... Does it look its top quality?

Cast Iron Kettlebell 32KG Black-100338-00019-0034

2. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Forum Administrator Senior Certified Instructor

Other brands are more popular here. Can't tell if the finish will crack/flake except by the reports of others who have used for a while.

-S-

3. Nacho

Thanks for your reply Steve. The offering is very limited because shipping to Finland is usually not available or ridiculously expensive. Guess I could give it a try...

4. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Forum Administrator Senior Certified Instructor

@Nacho, the brand you're considering is sold on amazon.com - you might go there and read some reviews.

-S-

Nacho likes this.
  5. Jacques van der Merwe

Jacques van der Merwe Triple-Digit Post Count

@Nacho if you haven't pulled the trigger on that bell, I would recommend these Taurus pro cast iron bells. They're decent and great value. You could also perhaps look around for CrossFit equipment suppliers.

Taurus Studio kahvakuula Pro

Bauer and Nacho like this.
  6. Nacho

I didnt order yet. These look good! Thanks! I will look around a bit more but I like the look of these.

Jacques van der Merwe and Glen like this.
  7. Nacho

Thanks for the tip! I ordered these and just finished my first S&S session using them. Sold my competition bells.

Jacques van der Merwe likes this.
  8. Bauer

Bauer More than 500 posts

Cool! May I ask, how wide is the handle clearance in cm? (Top of bell to handle)

I consider them for the future and they are available in Germany, too. And because I have large hands I need more space between bell and handle.

9. Jacques van der Merwe

Jacques van der Merwe Triple-Digit Post Count

Awesome! I'm glad this worked out for you.

10. Nacho

Looks like its about 7cm

Bauer likes this.
  11. Bauer

Bauer More than 500 posts

Thanks.