all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Cat camel stretch or cow camel

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anatoly

Level 4 Valued Member
When doing this mobility drill do you hold each flexion extension cycle for 10 seconds or reverse posture when you reach the endranges like one continuous flow?

When doing this mobility drill do you hold each flexion extension cycle for 10 seconds or reverse posture when you reach the endranges like one continuous flow?

Yes :D

There are no strict rules. It is all movement.

Actually, trust your instincts and explore a bit. Focus on good breathing and see if something opens up on the outbreath. Maybe wiggle a bit, especially on the outbreath. Shift your hip to the right or left. Stop, when you feel something tight and breath into it. Or move around. Go slow. Or faster and rhythmical.

It is all good. The important thing is to move and to breath and to show up again and again.

This is my personal experience:

I do it as a part of preparatory poses for yoga. I get into the posture and hold for a certain number of slightly deeper than normal breaths (2-3 seems enough). I also do the "knee-to-forehead" and "leg extended" postures in between (in yoga this practice is called "nadi vibhajan", I'm sure you can find some videos online), held for the same number of breaths. After 3 cycles of this, my spine feels much stronger and more mobile.

I've done the continuous flow before, but staying in the postures feels better to me from a purely physical, spinal stability and strength perspective - especially the poses I mentioned. There are other benefits as well - it definitely calms down the mind, which is one aspect of why it is done before other yoga practices.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom