all posts post new thread

Cause&Effect 2019

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
1.png
The first 40kg 5x20 emom since end of September last year when I had a short period I did quite a few sessions in this format. I am pleased, that the heart rates match my "best" session back then. This snatching felt really good. This is one main aspect I am putting my ongoing work into: making the same standardized effort easier.

2.png
The last four weeks I am doing kind of this daily. Some breath holding with easy locomotion. Around 10 seconds on the minute. Will keep exploring further. Interesting practice and theory behind it as explained in P. McKeown's "The Oxygen Advantage"

3.png swinging, pulling, pressing. Never ending ballistic and grind theme, it is simple and sinister...

2019-01-04 19.51.20.png
Some bodyweight stuff. I think I should be using this theme more frequently. It is short, relatively low taxing, can be done frequently, endless combinations possible and accumulating high quality reps. Just 10 to 15 minutes back to back doing. This would be great stuff of doing without recording and then bam hitting another ceiling.

for the last four weeks I am back into A+A business. That means swing/snatch heavy as usual accompanied by easy locomotion work to relax and promote recovery. last week I did a little strength circuit, where I front squatted 2x44kg after I think over half a year. at the very first attempt the clean went up surprisingly easy. Later I entertained the thought to get them over my head, which I never did before (I did 2x45kg a few years ago, but was around 100kg then, now I am around 84kg), with a push press. after a short intro with 2x40kg I got it.

because I was happy about that I put it into a video:

This weekend I began building up some pushpress - repeats volume with 2x40kg, which then looks like this:
pushpress.png
pushpress 2x40kg.png
ppress.png
great to do just a single rep as it lasts around ten seconds. It will be a great complement to snatching, not the least it gives the hands a rest. A+A having a program without a program. Building up a little realm of strength and endurance with durability.

as I am logged in a short update:

my training the last months was A bit A+A, lots of Q&D, running and rowing, also just a bit of mace work. Since about 3 months or so I am back into zercher squatting very frequently and for about three weeks into barbell pressing, also frequently. So these two barbell lifts are my choice currently and I want to stick for some longer time with it.

the sound of the (bar)bell:

here I worked up to my heaviest single so far last week.

last days I wanted to see were I am with the press. I did not expect that as 82,5kg did not go up. Then I pulled the fat gripz (I use them open hand pressing, but gripping hard...) of the bar and I got 84kg and two more with some rest. On a bad/Good morning I am sometimes 84kg... So I am very optimistic that I can work up to a really solid bodyweight press in the following months.

Last edited:
Strong work.

Your zercher squat has a lot more bend at the hip than I've seen before. Is that a conscious choice?

Strong work.

Your zercher squat has a lot more bend at the hip than I've seen before. Is that a conscious choice?
absolutely. It is very hip dominant and resembles a good morning. Usually I have a 'rest' with the bar on the thigh. It is that I just lately use a rack, and formerly I always deadlifted the bar up then you have to get into the zercher position and tense up again. The first movement is the butt going up and knee extension and upper body going down. It is then when the hamstrings are about parallel when the hips and back are fully loaded when hips, knees and upper body extend simultaneously.

The last weeks I have my almost daily barbell dose: zercher & press.

After almost 2,5 months lay off from running (used the rower instead) I am back to it since ten days easy for 45min - 2hours.

lately I am back to A+A snatch work. Perfect for the colder and darker season:

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom