all posts post new thread

Cause&Effect

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thank you for the explanation. How a state of simply having an elevated heart rate, like in a sauna, for example, compares to a state where that state was achieved with cardio exercise is something I'm not well versed in.

I can understand the limitations the tension and the style of breathing in the powerlifts has on their effect on endurance.

I will continue to try to increase my amount of weekly walking.

The thing when doing for examples squats, even light ones is the (intraabdominal) tension and in the working muscles. Because of this (relatively) long tension blood flow is restricted, muscles need the oxygen, but the blood can not delivered very good, heart rate and blood pressure rising very fast very high. Because the heart beats hard and heavy through restricted veins heart wall gets high hypertrophy stimulus, which can make the diameter of the chamber smaller, actually. In addition of the restricted blood flow not very much blood goes back to the heart, to expand the chambers.
Harald, I was attempting to think of a way to communicate this. But this is perfect. Nice.

working and musing around A+A daily for the week.

Alactic: - snatch 1x40kg for repeats of 5
- clean 2x40kg for repeats of 3
Aerobic: - 10km on the concept2
- running for an hour

I currently have a row after waking up after my can of tea
and usually have another after my alactics.
In between the repeats I like swinging wooden clubs
for active recovery.

Fairly simple routine purposefully with a lot of "gaps", if there are any...

Theme: Alactic+Aerobic

high pull 2x40kg 5r

Currently I like to choose various pulls: 1h snatch, double cleans, double high pull... for fast (twitch), power, strength, explosive, anaerobic, alactic, phosphocreatine fueling...

and choose rowing or running for slow (twitch), recovery, endurance, gas exchange, aerobic, fat fueling, heart expansion, mitochondria building...

...or I simply choose this, cause of habit and enjoy it and know, that's good enough and works.

Hello,

@Harald Motz
Once again, I wanted to say that I really like your practice philosophy: well being, consicouness, smooth progression, body listenning and feeling-based approach :)

Related to A+A training: did you notice some modification related to your maximal strength ? I have no doubt strength-endurance has been maintaining / improving though.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Related to A+A training: did you notice some modification related to your maximal strength ? I have no doubt strength-endurance has been maintaining / improving though.
Hard to say with not testing a max/sort of max event. 4 weeks ago I had a PR with 2x48kg front squat for a double. As I do much alactic power work, my power output should be increasing to some extend.

Absolutely I may "loose" some strength, relatively pound per pound I may maintain or develop some strength. It is all in a flux anyways. The last five weeks or so I seem to be only pulling ballistically and even pull for aerobics on the rower. I am doing a good amount of endurance work for the last 4 months and I am from around 83kg to around 81kg now "gaining" "weightloss" slowly loosing bits of fat.

More than anything else currently, I do my aerobics for recovery and far less than my MAF, I guess 90% of the time. And it provides, that I am able to accumulate volumes of heavy ballistics on a daily basis.

I have no problem, to row my lovely 10km day in day out almost in the same time frame for weeks that does not mean I am not improving (with the same hr I can pull more Watt for some time, over time) as I just convince myself and feel that accumulating makes a nice plateau over time. I embrace the plateau.

Hard to say with not testing a max/sort of max event. 4 weeks ago I had a PR with 2x48kg front squat for a double. As I do much alactic power work, my power output should be increasing to some extend.

Absolutely I may "loose" some strength, relatively pound per pound I may maintain or develop some strength. It is all in a flux anyways. The last five weeks or so I seem to be only pulling ballistically and even pull for aerobics on the rower. I am doing a good amount of endurance work for the last 4 months and I am from around 83kg to around 81kg now "gaining" "weightloss" slowly loosing bits of fat.

More than anything else currently, I do my aerobics for recovery and far less than my MAF, I guess 90% of the time. And it provides, that I am able to accumulate volumes of heavy ballistics on a daily basis.

I have no problem, to row my lovely 10km day in day out almost in the same time frame for weeks that does not mean I am not improving (with the same hr I can pull more Watt for some time, over time) as I just convince myself and feel that accumulating makes a nice plateau over time. I embrace the plateau.

Perhaps you loose, but definitely not lose your strength!

@Harald Motz What’s going on with your training? I haven’t seen any activity from you on here or Instagram lately. I miss seeing your awesome updates! I hope all is well.

What’s going on with your training? I haven’t seen any activity from you on here or Instagram lately. I miss seeing your awesome updates! I hope all is well.
Thanks for asking Noah. Currently I am amidst a therapy and I am concentrating on myself and I am doing well. I have streamlined my training the last two weeks mainly to the the snatch for repeats for five with 1x40kg. The last week for instance I accumulated a bit over 1000 reps. Otherwise I do a little bit of crawling, gymnastics, clubswinging, walking on hands, table tennis.

How are you ? Is everything right ?
I am on therapy since 5 weeks now, I am half through it. Some nice people in here. It's a special kind of training itself.
I am happy that I have some bells with me.
The last weeks lots of snatches with the 40, a bit of S&S with 48 lately, or some get ups with 48, some indian club swinging, some crawling, walking on hands. No boredom. Was a bit short on endurance, but I am back on it more frequently the last week, running and rowing. I have some cold exposure while running and have some frequent cold showers. Additionally I am spending a lot less time on the net. Thanks for asking.

Last edited:
I miss reading your posts and watching your videos @Harald Motz

You showed concern for me a while back while I was going through a rough patch and it helped pull me out of the rut I was in at the time. After the last time I went AWOL I was a bit surprised to see you weren't on here much anymore. I always think of you as one of the stalwarts this forum had from the beginning & I just expected you to always be here with tips & advice.

I hope everything is going well for you mate

Week 50 of 2017
week 50.PNG
I miss reading your posts and watching your videos @Harald Motz

@Harald Motz, I hope all is well with you. Like @Tarzan, I look forward to reading your log, and seeing your videos, they are inspiring.

Thanks for asking guys. I am well. Giving me some time to think about for some weeks. Time on the net is sparse currently. Training is not much variety the last weeks. As long as I have a bell with me I know what to do with it each day.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom