all posts post new thread

Nutrition CBD oil... again?

steve-in-kville

Level 5 Valued Member
I did search this topic and have a specific question: I'd like to try this as a a sleep aid. Every few weeks I go through a rough patch where my sleep isn't very restful and I feel like a zombie for a few days. I've tried various natural remedies over the years with varied success.

Ideas?

Try it and see how it works for you.

Something I have found works for me is "early time-restricted feeding", which just means intermittent fasting with the end of the feeding window being earlier in the day, for example: 10a-12p to 4p-6p instead of 12p-8p. Going to sleep on an empty stomach and past the small intestines may help you sleep more soundly. Socially, you may not always be able to stop eating by late afternoon consistently. But you could experiment with combinations of last meal composition and %-empty-stomach-by-bedtime and see what works for you.

Try it and see how it works for you.

Something I have found works for me is "early time-restricted feeding", which just means intermittent fasting with the end of the feeding window being earlier in the day, for example: 10a-12p to 4p-6p instead of 12p-8p. Going to sleep on an empty stomach and past the small intestines may help you sleep more soundly. Socially, you may not always be able to stop eating by late afternoon consistently. But you could experiment with combinations of last meal composition and %-empty-stomach-by-bedtime and see what works for you.
Good suggestion. I would try a supplemental sleep aid like melatonin, or GABA and as silly as it might sound check out breathe right nasal strips. Joel Greene is my go-to guy for many of these questions. I've recommended his book "The Immunity Code" on these pages before. Here's a little bit with him on "super sleep."

I've heard that Bell was one of Joel's successes with his program fixing some serious lactose intolerance. I love Joel's stuff.
Yes, they talk about that on the podcast. He put him on some form of bifido bacteria probiotic.

Product was Human Milk Oligosaccharides, which support bifido bacteria.

Last edited:
I did search this topic and have a specific question: I'd like to try this as a a sleep aid. Every few weeks I go through a rough patch where my sleep isn't very restful and I feel like a zombie for a few days. I've tried various natural remedies over the years with varied success.

Ideas?
I've used CBD for back aches and didn't find that it helped with my sleep as much as a combined THC/CBD oil. That was per the recommendation of the doctor who prescribed CBD for my back pain. She said a combined CBD/THC oil would probably help more with my sleep than just CBD.

Last edited:
Nice. I have some bifido probiotics around, will go shopping for some HMO.
I strongly recommend you read Joel's book. His information is truly mind blowing. I mention this because one of his concepts is that eating whole foods releases the proper nutrients from food at the proper time in digestion. As opposed to just taking a morning probiotic, which might get released into the bloodstream at a less than optimal time. Check him out on Ben Greenfield's podcast: Joel Greene Podcast Part 1: Rebooting The Gut, Fasting, Fat Loss & More!

Enjoy!

I strongly recommend you read Joel's book. His information is truly mind blowing. I mention this because one of his concepts is that eating whole foods releases the proper nutrients from food at the proper time in digestion. As opposed to just taking a morning probiotic, which might get released into the bloodstream at a less than optimal time. Check him out on Ben Greenfield's podcast: Joel Greene Podcast Part 1: Rebooting The Gut, Fasting, Fat Loss & More!

Enjoy!
Have you tried the night time jello/gelatin trick ? Was thinking of trying it with glycine powder.

Have you tried the night time jello/gelatin trick ? Was thinking of trying it with glycine powder.
Yep. I made some jello yesterday and had some last night. I am usually a good sleeper and don't know what metrics to track to see what effect it has but I do think it helps. (Even if it's a placebo effect, I'm all for it.)

As in the baby formula powder?
Yup. There will probably be a selection of quality "HMO-only" products on the market in coming months and years, but for now baby formula powder is the most cost effective way to do it. If you're into biohacking, you know how expensive it can get, so this is a good solution.

How much do you take per serving? Does it help with growth or recovery as it's pretty close to breast milk?

How much do you take per serving? Does it help with growth or recovery as it's pretty close to breast milk?

I built up to 3 scoops per smoothie along with red phenol powder and whey protein, and once a week I put apple skin powder in there too. He has reasons for all of these ingredients. His 50,000' view is all about improving immunity. Whether HMO powder helps with growth or recovery, I don't know. Joel recommends it because it helps build bifidobacteria in your gut which is one of many keys to better immunity. Check out the podcast I linked to above. His book is truly groundbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom