all posts post new thread

Nutrition CBD oil... again?

Hello. Does anyone use CBD oil for pain? If so, what do you use and how much does it help? My wife is in pain from hip surgery 4 months ago, we are going back to the doctor Monday to see what is going on, but in the meantime, I want to help her. She doesn't want to use the pills they gave her as they are addicting. Thanks.
I don't but the owner at the health food store where I get my CBD carries full Sprectrum that has some THC in it. She swears by it, but don't use if your wife is subject to drug testing. Even thought the THC is really low, it may still pop on a test.

What is this trick?
Supposed to help with burning of visceral fat, improve sleep, decrease inflammation, increase glutathione, etc.
I don't eat crap like jello, so I always have some sort of grass fed gelatin powder around. Take some at bedtime. You could find plenty of info. on the topic with a Joel Greene and jello search.

I don't but the owner at the health food store where I get my CBD carries full Sprectrum that has some THC in it. She swears by it, but don't use if your wife is subject to drug testing. Even thought the THC is really low, it may still pop on a test.
thank you so much for your suggestion

I did search this topic and have a specific question: I'd like to try this as a a sleep aid. Every few weeks I go through a rough patch where my sleep isn't very restful and I feel like a zombie for a few days. I've tried various natural remedies over the years with varied success.

Ideas?
Considering your occasional sleep challenges, trying CBD oil as a sleep aid might be beneficial, Many individuals find it helpful for improving sleep quality. It's advisable to start with a low dose and monitor its effects. But, consulting with a healthcare professional before incorporating any new remedy is always recommended to ensure it aligns with your overall health and any existing treatments.

A few years ago I started taking CBD gummies before bed. Some of the best sleep I ever had. After about 10-12 months of taking them almost every night, the effects wore off. I'm guessing I developed a tolerance (like alcohol). I might try them again sometime but not every day.

My doctor recommended ZMA before bed. I've been taking it for 6 months and I highly recommend it.

Environmental changes, Lifestyle changes, dietary changes, and behavioral changes are the best frontline methods to improve sleep.

I’d recommended keeping a sleep log with pertinent info for a couple of weeks to see what factors correlate with those poor nights of sleep.

I did search this topic and have a specific question: I'd like to try this as a a sleep aid. Every few weeks I go through a rough patch where my sleep isn't very restful and I feel like a zombie for a few days. I've tried various natural remedies over the years with varied success.

Ideas?
Just out of curiousity, have you actually tried the common advice for falling asleep?

- Put your phone in another room
- Avoid electronics/avoid blue light
- Use your bedroom only for sleeping (or hanky panky)
- Try reading before bed
- Avoid caffeine after noon and sugar after 2

My wife also has trouble falling asleep, and for some reason she has a really hard time actually trying the obvious stuff. The last couple of weeks we’ve put red lightbulbs in our bedside lamps and have been reading for an hour before bed, no phones and no tv. She sleeps much better so far.

Just out of curiousity, have you actually tried the common advice for falling asleep?

- Put your phone in another room
- Avoid electronics/avoid blue light
- Use your bedroom only for sleeping (or hanky panky)
- Try reading before bed
- Avoid caffeine after noon and sugar after 2

My wife also has trouble falling asleep, and for some reason she has a really hard time actually trying the obvious stuff. The last couple of weeks we’ve put red lightbulbs in our bedside lamps and have been reading for an hour before bed, no phones and no tv. She sleeps much better so far.
Typically I cut out screen time at least a half hour before bedtime and then read until I can't remember what I just read. I'll have a coffee after lunch. My home office is in the corner of the bedroom, so only using it for sleep is a no go.

Thanks for the replies.

Typically I cut out screen time at least a half hour before bedtime and then read until I can't remember what I just read. I'll have a coffee after lunch. My home office is in the corner of the bedroom, so only using it for sleep is a no go.

Thanks for the replies.
All good! Best of luck you you. And please let us know if you find something that helps. There are probably a few people out there who would be grateful for the info!

I built up to 3 scoops per smoothie along with red phenol powder and whey protein, and once a week I put apple skin powder in there too. He has reasons for all of these ingredients. His 50,000' view is all about improving immunity. Whether HMO powder helps with growth or recovery, I don't know. Joel recommends it because it helps build bifidobacteria in your gut which is one of many keys to better immunity. Check out the podcast I linked to above. His book is truly groundbreaking.
I'm just wondering has anyone used cbd oil for tennis elbow on here?

Back
Top Bottom