all posts post new thread

Nutrition Cbd oil

• Thread starter Deleted member 316
  • Start date
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

Everyone seems to be raving about CBS oil. Sounds like it pretty much helps with whatever ails you. Has anyone here used it? For what ailments? Did it work? Any side effects? My new benefit plan covers it so I may try it. They have a straight cbd oil, a 50/50 CBS and thc, and one that is mainly thc.

It depends upon what you are looking to use it for.
I have successfully used a variety of cbd products in the form of creams, oils, and ointments for the relief of joint and muscle pain and inflammation.
Bear in mind that the THC based products may have 'side effects'...

It depends upon what you are looking to use it for.
I have successfully used a variety of cbd products in the form of creams, oils, and ointments for the relief of joint and muscle pain and inflammation.
Bear in mind that the THC based products may have 'side effects'...
Two of my friends are trying CBD oil, one says it's great and reducing inflammation, the other says no effect.. FWIW Try it

+1 to @Bret S.
Maybe they do it better on your half of the continent, but in the US it's regulated so poorly it's hard to know exactly what/how much you're getting, and thus predict how you'll respond. If people are lucky they can find a specific product in a specific dispensary that works for them. I would never suggest that someone over-medicate, but if someone's munching ibuprofen like skittles and a little CBD does the job better, why not? There's always a risk/reward discussion to have with yourself, just like with any pharmaceutical.

Last edited:
+1 to @Bret S.
Maybe they do it better on your half of the continent, but in the US it's regulated so poorly it's hard to know exactly what/how much you're getting, and thus predict how you'll respond. If people are lucky they can find a specific product in a specific dispensary that works for them. I would never suggest that someone over-medicate, but if someone's munching ibuprofen like skittles and a little CBD does the job better, why not? There's always a risk/reward discussion to have with yourself, just like with any pharmaceutical.

I think this was more so the case before, but many legalized states have dispensaries now where products are FDA regulated and so the products are of pharmaceutical grade I believe. How honorable and trustworthy the FDA is an entirely different conversation. But it's much more regulated in these states that it has been in the past.

I think this was more so the case before, but many legalized states have dispensaries now where products are FDA regulated and so the products are of pharmaceutical grade I believe. How honorable and trustworthy the FDA is an entirely different conversation. But it's much more regulated in these states that it has been in the past.

I was under the impression that most Cannabis products were not regulated by FDA except for a very small number of medically approved variants such as Epidiolex. THC and marijuana in general are still schedule 1.

There are only a handful of studies for CBD oil outside of epilepsy treatment (where it showed statistically and clinically significant effect to be recommended by FDA). Many of them are flawed with clear drawbacks (like lack of control groups, which characterizes some studies with "an outcome in mind") and those that did a control, CBD oil did not show significant difference to placebo.

Add to this the fact this industry is not regulated and vendors can claim whatever they want and the conclusion is clear - it is complete self-experimentation at this point.

I am ready to be corrected on this, but CBD oil is not regulated. FDA regulates Investigational New Drugs (INDs) with canabidiols

I started using CBD oil a few months ago... I'm using it to treat little aches and pains, nothing serious, but here are some things I can report:

• I've had some knee issues on occasion due to increased mileage running. A few drops and 30 mins later, knee pain subsided
  • Four drops under the tounge about 30 mins before bed. Get about a chapter into my book and I sleep like a baby.
  • I cought an extreme bug from a coworker and my sinuses were putting terrible pressure on my eye which led to very bad headaches. CBD helped those headaches.
My $70 bottle will probably last me until 2020. If you've got some extra cash and are curious, I would recommend experimenting to see if it's right for you.

Imo best way is to take the oil orally and treat it as a systemic inflammation reducer. Rather than applying cream to a sore spot and only heal certain areas.

Self-experimentation with poorly studied supplements is a different risk
I don't see cbd oil as a dangerous substance, at least not in taking small amounts.

How many warnings are out there on supplements? Yet they kill nobody..
Pharma drugs kill thousands yearly and all I see is more commercials for them every year. Have you ever stopped to think of the money it takes to bombard every channel 24/7 with commercials? It's in the hundreds of billions at least, with that kind of money in play health has little to do with it.

What's wrong with this picture?

I don't see cbd oil as a dangerous substance, at least not in taking small amounts.

How many warnings are out there on supplements? Yet they kill nobody..
Pharma drugs kill thousands yearly and all I see is more commercials for them every year. Have you ever stopped to think of the money it takes to bombard every channel 24/7 with commercials? It's in the hundreds of billions at least, with that kind of money in play health has little to do with it.

What's wrong with this picture?

I agree 100%. It sucks as I find myself more and more of a conspiracy theorist when it comes to medicine, but when the editors of the New England Journal of Medicine and The Lancet are claiming as much as half of all research is fraudulent or unrepeatable it should make everyone stop and think. Endorsement from the "medical community" isn't what it used to be.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom