all posts post new thread

Off-Topic CBD Oil

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Whosonfirst

Level 8 Valued Member
Been reading about CBD oil and how it may help with joint pains. If you have any experience with this, I'd apreciate your comments whether good, bad, or indiferent. I had one of those random emails show up with celebrities endorsing it, which means diddly to me. I don't know anyone personally using it. Thanks.

Been reading about CBD oil and how it may help with joint pains. If you have any experience with this, I'd apreciate your comments whether good, bad, or indiferent. I had one of those random emails show up with celebrities endorsing it, which means diddly to me. I don't know anyone personally using it. Thanks.
I have had good results from orthopedic usage.

No. I get it from a private source. In other words ... I know a guy...
Haha, sounds like when I worked in Mexico, we had bacanora at this one party. We all asked where the owner got it, he said he had some guys who made it for him up in the hills. For the longest time, it was illegal, now it's kind of legal, but not to be found in many states.

Side note on CBD. My brother had an Akita mix dog, very athletic but started to have some hip issues around age 12. Brother started giving him CBD oil, noticeable improvement in movement over the next two years.

I started using it this summer for my low back pain. I went to a local medical cannabis clinic to get a prescription and they handed me a list of Canadian suppliers. I had first tried it from the government agency (SQDC) that sells cannabis in Quebec but the quality or the dosage was too low (wasn't full spectrum either) and I didn't really get any benefits. I ended up getting organic full spectrum oils from The Green Organic Dutchman.

From what I understand, full spectrum oils (that have all the terpenes, secondary molecules) are more effective (as opposed to powdered pure CBD extract added to oil). If it's CBD only (trace THC) I can drive and operate machinery after taking the oil. That was a huge selling point for me, I needed something that I could take while at work, since most of my back pain was from work. I also took some recently with my knee tendon issues. This time it's a bit harder to tell how effective it was because so much of the pain/irritability comes from my daily activities, but I still felt like it helped forget the pain throughout the day. Mostly it took the pain down a couple of notches, from 4-5 on a 1-10 scale to as low as 1-2. When I was low pain 1-3, it could completely eliminate it. I didn't have severe back spasms that prevented me from working/walking this year so I can't say how effective it would be with a 8-9 pain level.

Dosage seems to be important, I had little to no effects until I reached about 25-30mg. Usually I take only one dose, but sometimes I needed a second one about 8-10 hours after the first one. It seems that dosages will vary a lot depending on your personal endo-cannabinoid system (from what the doctor at the local clinic told me).

I had someone on here from another forum discussion recommend these suppliers.

Sunsoil - Organic CBD Oil Drops & Capsules (formerly Green Mountain)
CBDistillery | CBD Oil for Sale Online | Lab-Tested U.S. Hemp (thecbdistillery.com)

Feel free to reach ou if you have any more questions.

I started using it this summer for my low back pain. I went to a local medical cannabis clinic to get a prescription and they handed me a list of Canadian suppliers. I had first tried it from the government agency (SQDC) that sells cannabis in Quebec but the quality or the dosage was too low (wasn't full spectrum either) and I didn't really get any benefits. I ended up getting organic full spectrum oils from The Green Organic Dutchman.

From what I understand, full spectrum oils (that have all the terpenes, secondary molecules) are more effective (as opposed to powdered pure CBD extract added to oil). If it's CBD only (trace THC) I can drive and operate machinery after taking the oil. That was a huge selling point for me, I needed something that I could take while at work, since most of my back pain was from work. I also took some recently with my knee tendon issues. This time it's a bit harder to tell how effective it was because so much of the pain/irritability comes from my daily activities, but I still felt like it helped forget the pain throughout the day. Mostly it took the pain down a couple of notches, from 4-5 on a 1-10 scale to as low as 1-2. When I was low pain 1-3, it could completely eliminate it. I didn't have severe back spasms that prevented me from working/walking this year so I can't say how effective it would be with a 8-9 pain level.

Dosage seems to be important, I had little to no effects until I reached about 25-30mg. Usually I take only one dose, but sometimes I needed a second one about 8-10 hours after the first one. It seems that dosages will vary a lot depending on your personal endo-cannabinoid system (from what the doctor at the local clinic told me).

CBDistillery | CBD Oil for Sale Online | Lab-Tested U.S. Hemp (thecbdistillery.com)

If you're in Canada, there's also Starseed. My union benefits cover it

@HUNTER1313 I don't remember it being on the list of approved suppliers I got from the clinic but I'll check again. I'm allowed 2 suppliers only , but I've only used the one I mentioned.

Thanks for the info I'll check them out.

Side note on CBD. My brother had an Akita mix dog, very athletic but started to have some hip issues around age 12. Brother started giving him CBD oil, noticeable improvement in movement over the next two years.
Thanks, good to know too.
Thx, will check them out.

Thanks Benjamin, looks like I have work to do.

Experienced in CBD use. Have been using it for a couple years for anxiety . All CBD is not the same. My CBD oil shows that the best for me is .75 ml use in the droplet and that seems to be the maximum perfect amount I need. When I have people try it tolerance levels change. Some .50 and some .75 (maximum). Cbd balm i feel really helps with hitting specific parts of your body more and if the oil does not work as well as you would like I have had several people notice the CBD balm worked. I am in Stockton and game up is my favorite and worked the best for me so far. Just more expensive.

Last edited:
BEAM CBD is probably the best brand of all that I've experimented with.

I took it for awhile when I did Crossfit. Helped with pain etc but made me have weird dreams.

Otherwise I recommend.
Ha, already have some of those, and not on other meds.
Experienced in CBD use. Have been using it for a couple years for anxiety . All CBD is not the same. My CBD oil shows that the best for me is .75 ml use in the droplet and that seems to be the maximum perfect amount I need. When I have people try it tolerance levels change. Some .50 and some .75 (maximum). Cbd balm i feel really helps with hitting specific parts of your body more and if the oil does not work as well as you would like I have had several people notice the CBD balm worked. I am in Stockton and game up is my favorite and worked the best for me so far. Just more expensive.
I've not heard of using it for anxiety, interesting. My daughter gave a couple small tins of the balm, and I didn't experience any difference. Maybe it wasn't long enough. The only thing that gave almost instant relief was DMSO, but too many neg. side effects.

I've not heard of using it for anxiety, interesting. My daughter gave a couple small tins of the balm, and I didn't experience any difference. Maybe it wasn't long enough. The only thing that gave almost instant relief was DMSO, but too many neg. side effects.

Smart of you to ask questions on this by the way. I know of a fair amount of people who put a stigma on CBD. Just to remind you not all CBD is made the same and there are brands that work better than others for me. Multiple ways to get cbd. Oil, vape, gummies. The most effective was vape but I do not use it any more due to protect my lungs. Oil in second and than gummies. Gummies are more transportable. Could carry some around in a bag in my pocket. It helps with my mood, anxiety and sleep. It has improved my life personally. If you still have balm.. Maybe use that before you go to bed. Massage it in well. It may or may not work. My sister. The oil did not do much but the balm did. I do not know why.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom