all posts post new thread

Nutrition Cell Volumizing For Strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kenny Croxdale

Level 7 Valued Member
Cell Voluminizing

This is one of the benefits for most individual who take creatine; unfortunately, I am not one of them. I am a non-responder. Creatine doesn't work that way for me.

Part of what Creatine does is it Superhydrates Muscle Cells. The majority of weight gain comes from water retention in the muscles.

Superhydration of the muscle cell produces an increase in Maximum Strength; your 1 Repetition Max.

It is somewhat similar to...

Over Inflating Your Car Tires

Over inflating your car tires ensures you get better gas mileage. A few years ago, Mazda was fined by the government for falsification of the gas mileage on their cars.

It was one of those grey area. Mazda wasn't lying, they just weren't telling the truth.

As it turns out, Mazda achieved better gas mileage by over inflating their car tires beyond the recommend tire pressure.

Thus, if you followed the recommendations for the right tire pressure (which ensured a longer tire life), your mileage was less than what Mazda advertised.

The same occurs when you Superhydrate/over inflate your muscle cells with water.

However, in the case of Cell Volumizing, Maximum Strength goes up.

The Law of Unintended Consequences

This means sometimes when you do the right thing, something bad occurs.

it also means when do something wrong, it turns out to be a good thing.

This brings us to something I did wrong and turned out to be good

Carb Loading For Strength

Years ago, I decided drop down to the 165 lb weight class from 180 lbs.

I went on a low carbohydrate diet. I dropped 8 lbs; which was mostly water.

With two weeks to go before the meet, my strength dropped like a rock, primarily due to water weight loss.

With another 7 pound to drop in two weeks, I wasn't going to make it.

Instead I decided to gain back what weight I could. I went on an ultra high carbohydrate.

I gained back a total of 10 lbs. It was primarily water weight. I was bloated, which was uncomfortable. However, my strength blew through the roof. I ended up having one of my best Powerlfiting Meets.

Accidentally, I achieved the Cell Volumizing Creatine Effect with Carb Loading.

Part of this article goes into explaining the Strength benefits of Superhyration...

Chris Thibaudeau's: Question of Strength

"...if you blow up a muscle by storing more water, glycogen, and fat, that muscle becomes inflated and "packs" the joint more. This creates pressure which makes the joint more stable. Even body fat can contribute to passive stabilization and water retention."

"...if a joint is less stable, the body will protect itself by inhibiting force production (not allowing you to use all of your strength potential to avoid injuries). The more stable the body feels, the more of your strength it will allow you to use."

"That's why it's common for powerlifters to "bloat up" before a meet. They'll eat a boatload of salty, high-carb food and drink tons of water to increase both glycogen and water retention. This increases passive stability and allows them to lift more weight."

The Salt Fix: Why the Experts Got It All Wrong--And How Eating More Might Save Your Life
Dr James Dinicolantonio, Pharm D.

This is a good book that goes into it. However, I found it bit dry.

With that said, here's....

High Salt Diets & Athletic Performance w/ Dr. James Dinicolantonio

This is an excellent interview with Dinocolantonio on the value increasing sodium intake for health (providing you don't have a pre-existing health condition) and as a means of increasing performance.

Ketogenic Diet And Sodium

As I have noted in previous post, I have a metabolic condition and am on the Ketogenic Diet for that reason.

One of the issues, with the Ketogenic Diet is the Keto Flu, which some of you are familiar with.. The Keto Flu is due to low sodium levels; you don't have the flu but you feel like you do.

One of the recommendation that I follow is dramatically increasing my sodium intake.

Also, prior to training I have a cup of bullion. I have the Chicken Bullion. It contains a nice ratio of Sodium (810 gram/tablespoon): Potassium (210 gram/tablespoon).

For those on on the Standard American Diet/higher carbohydrates, having something like Bullion prior to training is something to consider.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom