all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Chalk - is it cheating?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
These page numbers don't agree with my printed copy. Could you check them, or tell me if they're from Kindle or another source?

They do agree with my printed copy. Are you looking at a "Revised & Updated" printed copy?

I hate training in the living room. I´m too nervous thinking something is going to go wrong and cant focus on the training. I avoid it as much as I can.

They do agree with my printed copy. Are you looking at a "Revised & Updated" printed copy?
It would have helped if I was looking at S&S 2 and not Q&D. :) Problem resolved.

-S-

Last edited:
Nothing in lifting is "cheating", it depends on the training effect you are after. Is chalkless Simple or Sinister an achievement you want? Is wearing wrist bands or gauntlets cheating? A beltless 500lb Deadlift? Or so much kit on you look like a pro strongman. Is wearing knee sleeves and shoes cheating? I don't care. You are not a superior being because you do not use lifting aids.

"In climbing, there is no cheating, only lying. Few care; and the ones that do, care too much."

A little goes a very long way too, no need to dust the whole place either (we’re not olympic gymnasts after all), but judiciously used it makes the difference between full power training vs halfhearted effort for fear of losing the bell

and as @Geoff Chafe said there is no cheating in lifting!

"In climbing, there is no cheating, only lying. Few care; and the ones that do, care too much."
Well said....

(Except maybe for those clowns who bolt crack climbs... but I guess even then they are lying:mad:)

This is what the S&S 2.0 book mentions about chalk:

"Use chalk." p.63
"I will say again:Use chalk." p.63
"Why People Fail on S&S
- Do not use chalk.
..." p.88

Doesn't get any clearer than this.
OK, I am back with a "rebuttal."

Page 88 says not using chalk is one of the reasons some people fail. Quite different in meaning, this, than how I first read your post.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom