all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Chalk substitute?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

GeoffreyLevens

Level 6 Valued Member
Anyone familiar with this product or similar?

Dry Hands All-Sport Grip-Enhancing Topical Lotion
  • silica
  • Imported
  • Keeps your hands dry without feeling sticky or greasy.
  • Leaves behind no powdery residue.
  • Dry Hands repels water.
  • Provides protection for hot, humid, rainy, or damp conditions.
  • Gives you the confidence of a glove with the touch of your bare hand.
  • Dry Hands alleviates grip problems caused by perspiration or rain.

Good? Bad? Ugly?

I used a product very similar to this in the past, it was a gel marketed towards tennis players to improve grip. Rubbed in as a gel and then turned into a white powder that improved grip but didn't have much staying power. Once I became more proficient with the bells I ditched it, but it definitely helped for a couple of months....

Thanks, Nate. There is also "liquid chalk" for sale that is just a think liquid made of powdered chalk and isopropyl alcohol, not a gel though.

I might give this stuff a try and will report back if I do.... I am hoping to head into higher volume/lower weight bells so may need it.

Thanks, Nate. There is also "liquid chalk" for sale that is just a think liquid made of powdered chalk and isopropyl alcohol, not a gel though.

I might give this stuff a try and will report back if I do.... I am hoping to head into higher volume/lower weight bells so may need it.

That sounds like what I used. For what it's worth even though it can dry your hands out from the alcohol I never got any blisters using it so that is a plus....

Looking around online more, a going back re-looking at the stuff I posted above, it is chalk, just w/ some silicone added to the alcohol. Can just get plain block of chalk for $2 though and if desired, crush and add alcohol...No need to pay the extra esp since I am a charter member of the tight wad society of America HAH!

Liquid chalk is good. I use the old fashioned stuff. it's a necessity in the summer. Just on the fingers and bottom of the palm. Putting it at the base of your fingers is asking for a blister.

Ended up at climbing store and bought one block to give it a try, see how/if I like it. Black Diamond/White Magic 2 oz for $2. Finding out that the liquid stuff is all just IPA and powdered chalk i.e. yuppie add on to keep the gym floor cleaner, I don't think I really need it LOL

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom