all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed change your training after season?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Reubenz

Level 3 Valued Member
How many of you change your training after season?Do you train in a specific way or dont you care at all what wheather it is? I have noticed that it is difficult to train with kettlebells when its really hot outside but that could just be me.

I try to center around literal sport season, as well as weather season.

spring/summer - baseball so no bench/chins (bench because locking scapula on the bench is restrictive to the ideal scap movement in a throw, and lats get enough work with all the throwing internal rotation), much more KB ballistics so I can get conditioning I don't get through ball, and that I can go outside and train in the sun. I love that.

fall/winter - try to cycle most of my barbell work at this time since I am inside. Less frequent ballistics with KB needed, since 2-3x week BJJ is pretty exhausting. Still ran S&S on off days so its doable, but more focus on grinds.

Most of my GPP is constant regardless of season or weather. Cycling and running being the exceptions. (I run more in the winter). Other than that I only vary my training if I am working towards an event, such as a major climb or race, in which case I will get much more specific.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom