all posts post new thread

Nutrition Changing diet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Reubenz

Level 3 Valued Member
I am on week 5 on my kettlebell burn 2.0 program and i am currently have to change my diet to low carb and high fat. That means i m lowering my carbs alot and wont have the same energy level in the beginning. Would you lower the wheight or dont change it at all?

I'm one who thinks that there is no need to renounce a moderate portion of good complex carbs (buckwheat, whole oatmeals) at the days of heavy training, no matter the type of diet. Mind you, 200 ccal, the plate of buckwheat won't destroy any diet, but will load you with good, long-lasting complex carbs and minerals.

Hello,

@Reubenz
When I used to train 3 times a week, I ate in function of the daily activity:
=> training day > more carbs
=> rest day > more fat

At the beginning, this will permit you to maintain a good energy level. After a while,you will be able to progressively cut off the carbs, and switch by fat, including the training days. Plus it depends on the carbs and fat you already eat.

There is a difference between "low carbs" (can be about 100g a day) and "keto" (less than 40 / 50g a day)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Well, if you're doing Kettlebell Burn 2.0, and following the nutrition plan in Kettlebell Burn Extreme! RPFL, then, "If you want to see guaranteed results, then do THIS program EXACTLY AS WRITTEN" per Geoff Neupert. (KBE, PRFL, FAQs). That's for the nutrition portion including the specific carb intake.

I have purchased a copy of the programs. I haven't followed them, but I use some similar techniques in some of my training and I'm also recently following a low-carb diet. I haven't found too much problem with low energy or reduced strength since reducing carbs, although it does take the body a little time to adapt. So, see what you can do! You might be surprised. For the exercises, I'd if you continue them with the same weight, do so. The time periods are prescribed, so I'd say stick with those outlined in the program and do what you can, and lower the weight if you have to.

Interested to hear how it goes for you...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom