all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Cheap Wolverson kettlebells on ebay

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chrisdavisjr

Level 7 Valued Member
For anyone who's in the UK, Wolverson are selling what look like some old stock kettlebells for cheap on ebay:
WOLVERSON BLACK KETTLEBELLS
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOLVERSON...hash=item41cce97d8f:m:m9733bT4MSQ8PGUvfmD4HrQ
They're selling 20kg and 28kg bells at £30 and £40 respectively, which is amazing value. I've just ordered myself a 20kg. These are slightly different from Wolverson's new 'black series' kettlebells, so I'll let you know how they compare when my 20kg arrives.

@Steve Freides If this thread is inappropriate or in the wrong section, feel free to remove it; I don't want to be seen as advertising any particular product or brand, but I just thought that other forum users based in the UK might appreciate my sharing a good bargain on some decent kettlebells.

Looking forward to the review :)
I bought one of their new comp bells (the ones with the open bottom) and it's the best KB I've ever worked with.
I also own a lot of Rogues, a strengthshop comp bell and have worked with Dragon Doors a couple of times.
The options in Europe are very limited compared to Northern America and I'm always glad for reviews of KBs that are available here.

I really like their black series KBs. They seem to sell their ex-demo models off cheap every so often so I like to keep an eye on them.

I''ve had a chance to try these bells out at last. The finish is not as good as their 'black' series bells: They come in a hammered grey finish and are a little rougher than the black series, but they are solid and handle every bit as well. The handle on the 20kg is considerably thicker than my 16kg and may even be a tiny bit thicker than my 24kg, however it feels great in the hand, comfortable in the rack and snatches well. It's a bit tricky to get both hands around the handle for halos or two-handed swings but I can manage (although my hands are a little on the smaller side).

The 28kg is a fairly ugly beast with more textured finish (although still the same hammered grey coating) and has more obvious casting marks on both the bell and the handle, but still handles comfortably for swings, cleans, etc.

For the price, they're excellent, but it's probably worth paying a little more for the 'black series' bells - which are still very well priced - if you want something with a tidier finish.

@Chrisdavisjr I didn't click on the ebay-link in your original post and was under the assumption that the ones you bought are from the "black series".
I didn't know that they actually have another line of black/grey cast iron KBs, because on the website they only offer the "black series", comp bells and the coloured cast iron line.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom