all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Check my Swing and TGU form

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

No True Scotsman

First Post
I’m hoping to start transitioning from 24kg to 32kg in the coming weeks- feedback on form and anything else (breathing, rest, etc) is appreciated!

Hi and welcome @No True Scotsman !

On swings: it appears to me you are hinging a bit too early. Wait until your arm contacts your body.

On TGU: you elbow doesn't seem to be fully extended and your could try to improve shoulder packing of the kettlebell side arm. It would also be good to see the roll to elbow.

Thanks for the feedback Oscar! It looks like I lost the bottom portion of the video during upload (where my whole body is visible). I’ll keep those three cues in mind and potentially upload an improved video in the coming weeks.

Hi @No True Scotsman !

Swings look good. See if you can sit back into the hinge more -- load the hamstrings -- you'll feel the increased power when you do:

upload_2019-10-15_18-30-27.png

And getup looks very good... I like your transitions and tension, each position looks good. Nice job pausing at the elbow (many people tend to blast through this one... I think a pause is good).

The only thing I'd adjust there is your standing position, see if you can square it off a bit more. Screen capture from one of my videos for compare.

upload_2019-10-15_18-31-46.png upload_2019-10-15_18-36-13.png

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom