all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Chest expansion

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DJR Harris

Level 1 Valued Member
Is 'Chest expander' devices worthy ? Recently came across a book "' Chest Expander for Abounding Health and Building Better Bodies "' by Alfred Danks made me think about spending money on one of those gadgets. Although I've to confess my chest already a lot opened up after Pavel's chest opening stretches.
Any thoughts about it?

@DJR Harris, I recommend you pick a minimalist program and stick to it. Do nothing else for six months. Kettlebell Simple & Sinister, or Power to the People, or Enter the Kettlebell, or The Quick and the Dead, or similar.

-S-

I just started S&S, doing it 3 days a week and on that same day evening doing fast and loose, next day RIS and the other day SJ.

Last edited:
@DJR Harris,

Fast and Loose movements are best utilized between sets of training.

RIS exercises are often best done after all your other exercise for the day is over, and they could be done on exercise or non-exercise days. Frequency will depend on how hard you choose to push yourself.

SJ functions well as a warmup before any other exercise.

-S-

Then I could fit 'Fast and loose' in middle of my workout; RIS will be good in evening when I'm in no hurry;and actually I was using 'beyond stretching' as warm up for a while,will replace it with SJ.
Thanks for your advice Steve, much appreciated!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom