all posts post new thread

Old Forum Chicken? -Pavel?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

justin84

Level 2 Valued Member
Just read Hardstyle Abs and after hearing Dave Whitley mention this I have to ask, what does Pavel have against chicken. After all any power lifter and most strong people I have encountered eat a ton of the stuff.  Personally I can't stand it so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other just curious.  Thanks

Justin

Christine, http://www.strongfirst.com/not-all-questions-about-strength-need-to-be-answered/

Outside of Pavel's work I have never really heard anything negative about chicken.  So I did some googling.  The main factors I found to support his opinion were the cholesterol content and creatine content of beef is superior.  The benefits of creatine should be obvious to anyone who has been liftimg for a while.  Cholesterol apparently contributes to testosterone production.

This quote comes from the article below.  Gives a little more insight on the subject.

"I often have lunch with Pavel Tsatsouline in Los Angeles. I'll never forget the first time I dined with him. I ordered chicken tacos. When I ordered he shot me a menacing glare and said, "Eating chicken makes you weak." Then he went on to tell me that whole eggs are good for two reasons. First, they're excellent for helping you build muscle and strength. Second, they keep chickens from being born. (Yes, Pavel has a way with words.)"

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/5_ways_to_boost_testosterone

Hope that helps clear it up.  Or at least make it slightly less cryptic.

Dare I bring up sashimi?

It’s either that or beef for me. Oh, and pork, and lamb, and well, there were the fried insects (with a LOT of beer or baijio) when I lived in China.

If it’s meat, I eat.

The strongman's favorite meal has and always will be steak & eggs, not chicken & broccoli (although I do like me some broccoli).

Thank you Pavel, read Dan John article. If I asked " why " it was to have YOUR opinion, just curious, not particularly pro chicken.

It could also be related to the higher polyunsaturated fat content of chicken, never mind the high levels of anti-biotics and growth hormone  used in mass produced chicken in the US (though I believe legislations has/is just about to be introduced to stop this overuse).

Issue 02 of Strength Matters...

Question: What are your issues with chicken and broccoli?
Pavel: A weak bird and a weak vegetable.

Made me laugh.

This is funny! I enjoy chicken sometimes, but I totally agree that red meats (and eggs) are superior in nutritional density.

I must say though that I have had broccoli that is not weak; almost needed a hatchet to cut it up. The outer part was like tree bark! HAH!

I have to ask. What is a Pavel approved vegetable? Does bison fall under the Pavel approved meat criteria?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom