all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Chin ups

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anatoly

Level 4 Valued Member
I read on bret contreras article inside your abs that chins were the best excersise for the rectus abdominis. While i can do pullups i struggle with the mobility for chinups. My wrists hurt my shoulders pop- i lack the mobility. Does anyone have any suggestion

@Anatoly, you might want to invest in a set of rings - these will let you ring a comfortable groove for pullup, chinups, and all the in-between positions. You might also want to find a pullup bar with neutral position, where your palms are sideway and facing each other. I have these, amazon.com/gp/product/B01KHPSXJM, bought 3 years ago and still holding up well for me.

Another thing would be to get into a chinup grip on the bar while standing on a box or otherwise positioning yourself to take some of the weight off your hands/wrists, and you can experiment with easing into adding more weight.

And yet another choice is one hand over, one hand under.

-S-

T
@Anatoly, you might want to invest in a set of rings - these will let you ring a comfortable groove for pullup, chinups, and all the in-between positions. You might also want to find a pullup bar with neutral position, where your palms are sideway and facing each other. I have these, amazon.com/gp/product/B01KHPSXJM, bought 3 years ago and still holding up well for me.

Another thing would be to get into a chinup grip on the bar while standing on a box or otherwise positioning yourself to take some of the weight off your hands/wrists, and you can experiment with easing into adding more weight.

And yet another choice is one hand over, one hand under.

-S-
Thanks

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom