all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Chopfit -- Fitness Axe

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
All workout gear is a just a way to mimic real work, including Kettlebells and barbells.
On the other hand, that fake axe is pretty stupid looking. Reminds of me of Fisher Price tools.

There really is an app for everything, including banging on something with a large hammer, it seems. Thanks.

-S-
You actually don’t hit anything with the chopfit. All the swings are done on air only, which limits the amount of power you can generate as you have to decelerate and dead stop the movement in the air.

It’s more akin to Indian clubs than a sledge hammer.

Really? I don't recall any martial arts references in the Man with No Name trilogy.
In one of the shootouts, a large Mexican bandido took two bullets in his torso. Later on, Clint and someone else met up with that gang, and the other guy said, I saw you get shot, where are your wounds?
The big guy laughed and said, Yes, but my wounds heal from the inside. He was the biggest guy and I think Clint later dispatched him.
Fistful of Dollars and Bruce Willis' Last Man Standing are very similar in themes and lines, and they both follow the Samurai classic Yojimbo. The martial arts were replaced by slick gun play by Bruce and Clint. Most likely, these will be copied again, Hollywood lacks originality it seems.
(edit): Tom Cruise's Last Samurai also copies the same theme as Yojimbo and Fistful of Dollars, if I listen to the dialogue again, I'm sure there's similarities.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom