all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Chopfit -- Fitness Axe

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If it came with an indestructible log you could “chop” it’d be a lot more useful…
They do make this sledge with a rubber head, which is interesting.

I've gotten to the point where I buy stuff because I think it's cool. My wife said Amazon was having a sale on a Thor's Hammer and if I wanted one for Christmas (yes, we literally ask each other if we want a certain gift to avoid bad feelings and the hassle of returns). I said heck yeah! Even if I find no use for this I may put it on my desk in my office for a conversation piece. It's a frickin' Thor's Hammer.

Some years ago I bought a Bullworker for like $20. For those above a certain age, this thing came out in the late '70s or early '80s as an isometric muscle training device. Even as a kid I was interested in strength training and when I saw the ad on TV I wanted one. I literally bought the thing for nostalgic reasons and as exercise equipment "history." Kind of like how some doctors collect old medical equipment (which can be creepy at times). I've never used it and not sure I will use it, although isometric training does have value (Steve Justa recommended it in his book). For now it just sits in my closet as a historical artifact of early '80s fitness equipment.

Perhaps good for a city gym environment, like you say, good for the urbanites who perhaps don't have access to the real deal. A bit like them 180° tyre flipping machines. Half a weighted tyre on a hinge, again a good idea if you don't have access to the real thing.

Some years ago I bought a Bullworker for like $20. For those above a certain age, this thing came out in the late '70s or early '80s as an isometric muscle training device.
Training with my older brother’s Bullworker back in the 70s taught me a ton about lifting mechanics, progressions, and made me very strong for my size.

I bought one when the pandemic hit but am a lot more aware of its limitations now. I use it for abs but that’s the extent.

They do make this sledge with a rubber head, which is interesting.

That’s good stuff. Rouge sells a hammer for 160, KBK has to stay premium and sell a “tactical” hammer for 200!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom