all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Christmas wish list

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I'm finishing up Geoff Neupert's the Up and Over which is proving to be a nasty little workout in week 8.

Simultaneously, I'm doing a 7k swing Getup challenge. This is an oldie but a goodie.

Do 1 getup for each day of the week. So, today, on 12/6 it's 6 getups on each side
For swings, break it down, 1k week 1, 1500 week 2, 2000 week3 2500 week 4
4 amnesty days. 29, 30 and New Years Eve, just getups. GULP

I also would like to be down to 185 lbs. I'm at 191/192 now and the diet has been locked in for about a week.

that is one of the most under rated complexes of his

As a newbie just beginning my kettlebell journey, I'm hoping to achieve the goals outlined in S&S. A+A training is also high up on my list so there will be a lot of experimentation between S&S and indoor-rowing.

My bookmarks of Kettlebell training programming is growing constantly, but I feel that S&S will give me that perfect foundation to from.

On another note, I have some body composition goals that I'd like to meet which I'm pretty sure Kettlebell training will help me achieve.

The first 6 months of 2019 will be interesting as I have a CrossFit membership contract that completes in June. I need to figure out a plan of combining both my S&S training and CrossFit (exercising) so to not overtrain and burn myself out. Training journal to come!

I agree Mark. Doing it as a chain. Day 3 is not a lot of fun...

Hope the Jerks are going well.

took a break from heavy jerks as I had to deal with some minor injuries and prep a bit more specifically as I assisted at the Seoul SFG..

getting back to them slowly now

Nope. Sea level here in the CA ashtray. But altitude doesn’t bother me. Of course it slows me down, but everyone has to deal with that. If I qualify, I hope to get up there a couple weeks ahead of time to acclimate. The first time I went there I was getting sick without realizing it, so I wasn’t sure about the altitude. That was awful, sick as a dog, first time that high, trying to do back to back 6hr days t the training camp.

i'd like to get a free handstand going,

also get better at bridging.

be more conscious of breathing and get more out of walking

Nope. Sea level here in the CA ashtray. But altitude doesn’t bother me. Of course it slows me down, but everyone has to deal with that. If I qualify, I hope to get up there a couple weeks ahead of time to acclimate. The first time I went there I was getting sick without realizing it, so I wasn’t sure about the altitude. That was awful, sick as a dog, first time that high, trying to do back to back 6hr days t the training camp.

Two weeks should help. I don't think there is a cure for altitude sickness other than acclimation. I've always heard drink lots and lots of water, which helps to some extent, but not a substitute for acclimation. Seriously man I wish you the best of luck. Get that damn buckle! And when you're done please post a race report. Even though I'm more into weightlifting these days, I have always, always had respect for endurance athletes. This "which is better strength or endurance" is bullsh*t. Both require dedication and effort.

Although the original question is what do you want for Christmas, I think most posts have treated this as what to accomplish in 2019 as opposed to what we can achieve by December 25, 2018. By the end of next year I would like to achieve a 100 kg barbell snatch.

Two weeks should help. I don't think there is a cure for altitude sickness other than acclimation. I've always heard drink lots and lots of water, which helps to some extent, but not a substitute for acclimation. Seriously man I wish you the best of luck. Get that damn buckle! And when you're done please post a race report. Even though I'm more into weightlifting these days, I have always, always had respect for endurance athletes. This "which is better strength or endurance" is bullsh*t. Both require dedication and effort.
One can either acclimatize slowly.... or (in the case of climbing) get up and down before the altitude kicks in. This requires a high level of fitness and the ability to suffer ...

Fitness? It is what it is, or I should say, it will be what it will be. Suffer? No worries there. I can suffer and grovel like few others. I just don’t give a f@#%. No course can be any worse than my demons.

I’ve got a few goals for next year. Not much can be accomplished in 2 weeks. I’ve yet to test my 24kg press rep max after 3 months of A+A snatching though...

I hope to press 24kg for a triple by Xmas and for 5 shortly into next year... without training the press

Use 28kg for most A+A snatching sessions in the next 6 weeks and start working in 32kg by mid year

Be able to run at a decent pace at under 140bpm

Above all, I hope to keep good health, fully recover from my left shoulder injury and not pick up any new aches and pains.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom