brettzel stretch

8/1/2022 Giant 1.1

OS resets/hindu push ups
Pump stretch and thoracic bridges

24kg DCL&P

11 x 6

Bar hangs
brettzel stretch

Are you alternating phases of the Giant with phases of the King Sized Killer, paired with stuff from Pavel Macek? Looks like a great setup!

Do you rest when switching sides during snatching ladders?

@Bauer, thanks a bunch. It's a program that has been working tremendously for me. With the snatches, I do set the bell down between switching hands. I most certainly could do it without the rest, but I find that the first hike from the ground to be very beneficial at improving power production through the remaining reps. With Phase 3 coming up in a few weeks, I think the rest will be much appreciated with the higher rep counts.

@Bauer, thanks a bunch. It's a program that has been working tremendously for me. With the snatches, I do set the bell down between switching hands. I most certainly could do it without the rest, but I find that the first hike from the ground to be very beneficial at improving power production through the remaining reps. With Phase 3 coming up in a few weeks, I think the rest will be much appreciated with the higher rep counts.
Thanks, that makes sense to me!

7/27/2022 Giant 1.1

OS resets/hindu push ups

24kg DCL&P

8 x 8

Bar hangs
Deadbugs
brettzel stretch

Same NL as last week, but almost 3 minutes quicker. I could've rested and then do another set, but the last rep of set 8 took almost everything.

8/5/2022 Giant 1.1

OS resets/hindu push ups

24kg DCL&P

7 x 7 in 20 minutes

No cool down.....

I had to cut the session short, because....children. My workout space is in the basement underneath one of my boys' rooms, and they were having a full out brawl at 6:15am. Normally I let brothers be brothers, but when there's risk of waking my wife, you need to step in.

8/10/2022 Giant 1.1

OS resets/hindu push ups

24kg DCL&P

9 x 6

Bar hangs
brettzel stretch

Deload week. Got a late start as I slept PAST my alarm the last few mornings. had to quarantine from the wife, who is ill, and was not sleeping in my own bed. I may break a rule and do Giant tomorrow with the sets of 8....

8/15/2022 Strength Aerobics

OS resets

28kg CL+MP+FS

Every 45 seconds in 28:30

This week, we travel on vacation, so M-T-W and next week Th-F will be random acts of variety and awesomeness.

Change of plans or just some variety?

Edit: I see, probably just some act of awesomeness.

It's my first vacation in about a year. My plan will remain to start doing King Sized Killer Phase 1 with the 32kg followed by Giant 3.0 with 2x28kg upon my return!

8/17/2022 Strength Aerobics

OS resets

28kg CL+MP+FS

32 rounds Every 45 seconds in 26:30

Bar hangs
90/90 Stretch
QL Saddle

Geoff sent out an email a while ago that talks about the benefits of unilateral front squats. I can attest, even with doing a boat load of deadbugs and hollow holds, that he is correct. My obliques are nice and on fire this week!

Back again from vacation. Spent the days still getting in activities that include swimming and plenty of walking along the beach. My wife and I still found gym time in the mornings where I was doing Strength Aerobics with a 50lb dumbbell for 20-30 minutes and chin ups/dips on the other days in between.

Today, I’m prepping my body to start snatching again for KSK next week. I was doing a combination of rep ladders and weight ladders for 25 minutes. The air in Mexico is heavier so my breathing recovered faster now that I’m back in Wisconsin.

Back
Top Bottom