Chronicles of Becoming a Man

4/14/2023 IC

OS Resets
24 and 28kg TGU 1/1

IC + SN

28kg x 26 sets in 20 minutes

20kg bottoms up carry x 3
hip flexor stretch

Rolling the dice keeps giving me 20 minutes. I even cheated and rolled a 2nd time, then a 3rd time. The universe wanted me to do 20 minutes today

Last edited:
4/20/2023 KB-SF LCCJ

OS resets
24kg TGU 1/1 x 2

2x28kg CJCJ 15 repeats in OTM

Bar Hangs
Deadbugs
Brettzels

Today was a weird day. I did not get a lot of sleep so I was expecting a lower volume session. Minutes 9-11 told me I wasn't going to get past 12 minutes, but after 12, my breathing became more controlled, and I thought I would hit 18 or 20 minutes. unfortunately right after the 15th repeat, the oldest kid woke up and needed me right away....session over.

4/21/2023 IC

OS Resets
16kg BU press

IC with Press Ladder

28kg x 6 and 2/3 ladders (20 sets total) in 30 minutes

hip flexor stretch

4/25/2023 IC

OS Resets
24 and 28kg TGU 1/1

IC + SN
32kg x 24 sets in 20 minutes

hip flexor stretch

4/28/2023 IC

OS Resets
24 and 28kg TGU 1/1

IC Weight Ladders
24-28-32kg x 54 sets (9 ladders) in 30 minutes

Bar hangs

The weight ladders really make it easy to push the volume a bit! My HR never even got into Zone 3 apparently. The 24 really feels like a toy, so i focused on making sure that my form closely mimicked the form with the 32.

5/1/2023 KB-SF LCCJ

OS resets
24kg TGU 1/1 x 2

2x28kg CJCJ 18 repeats in OTM

Bar Hangs
Deadbugs
Brettzels

I purposely stopped early today. We've spent the whole weekend packing, getting ready for our move this month that involved a lot of heavy labor

5/4/2023 KB-SF LCCJ

OS resets
24kg TGU 1/1 x 2

2x28kg CJCJ 20 repeats Timeless

Bar Hangs
Deadbugs
Brettzels

Late night = little sleep = timeless session

5/11/2023

OS Resets
24kg TGU 1/1

DSN Practice 2x20kg

20 minutes ladders 1,2,3 reps

It has come to that time for block training. Last year was Giant and KSK. This time around I will be rotating 3 weeks of KSK with DOUBLE SNATCH and 3-4 weeks of clean+press ROP-style ladders and progressions. Looking forward to it! Starts Monday

Last edited:
5/11/2023

OS Resets
24kg TGU 1/1

DSN Practice 2x20kg

20 minutes ladders 1,2,3 reps

It has come to that time for block training. Last year was Giant and KSK. This time around I will be rotating 3 weeks of KSK with DOUBLE SNATCH and 3-4 weeks of clean+press ROP-style ladders and progressions. Looking forward to it! Starts Monday
Interesting to be doing the double ballistics and single grind. What weights will you be using for the double snatch?

Interesting to be doing the double ballistics and single grind. What weights will you be using for the double snatch?

It's definitely a different route. To be honest with you, I've always loved the double snatch and there are not a lot of programs that focus on it. I believe it's underutilized and underrated.

I'm comfortable doing 5 reps with 2x24, however for the program, I'm going with the 20s.

It's definitely a different route. To be honest with you, I've always loved the double snatch and there are not a lot of programs that focus on it. I believe it's underutilized and underrated.

I'm comfortable doing 5 reps with 2x24, however for the program, I'm going with the 20s.
I’ve dabbled in it and enjoy it as well, double 24’s are solid at 5! Last time i had them programmed i did double 16’s. Full or half double snatch?

I’ve dabbled in it and enjoy it as well, double 24’s are solid at 5! Last time i had them programmed i did double 16’s. Full or half double snatch?
16s are full snatch
20s I could most definitely perform a full snatch, but I'm going with half to keep the back happy. Plus, the 20s that I have are E-coated like sandpaper that would rip my hands to shreds even with a light grip.

Back
Top Bottom