5/18/2023

Morning recharge
16kg arm bar and bent arm bar

Bent Press

24kg
28kg

Bar Hangs
Brettzel

I forgot to add in my bent press practice. And it is simply that: practice. I'm messing around with different stances as well as squatting prior to standing back up.

5/16/2023

Morning recharge

Bent Press

24kg
28kg

Bar Hangs
Brettzel

5/18/2023

Morning recharge

Bent Press

24kg
28kg

Bar Hangs
Brettzel

I forgot to add in my bent press practice. And it is simply that: practice. I'm messing around with different stances as well as squatting prior to standing back up.
I want to focus on practicing this as well. I was doing it with my 32k recently and it was more difficult than i had anticipated.

I want to focus on practicing this as well. I was doing it with my 32k recently and it was more difficult than i had anticipated.
I found that out the first time I tried bent presses at a relatively light weight. after I worked on my technique, I foudn that the heavier weight became a breeze, not because I was stronger, but I found a better way to wedge myself under the weight correctly. Infact, I find the bent press is like the get up, in that I feel more stable with a heavier load.

I also had to change grip positions on the bigger bells, because it would rotate my shoulder to the point of having to lose the bell.

I found that out the first time I tried bent presses at a relatively light weight. after I worked on my technique, I foudn that the heavier weight became a breeze, not because I was stronger, but I found a better way to wedge myself under the weight correctly. Infact, I find the bent press is like the get up, in that I feel more stable with a heavier load.

I also had to change grip positions on the bigger bells, because it would rotate my shoulder to the point of having to lose the bell.
Yes, in my limited experience with it i feel that it has a higher skill ceiling. I need more time with it. Im actually doing a deload week as I have a trail race this weekend so I may go home and play around with it later.

5/19/2023 KSK

OS resets
20kg TGU + 3 windmills

DSN 2 x 20kg

6 x (1,2,3,4)

Bar Hang
Leg raises
Brettzels

174NL for the week. Last rep felt just as powerful as the 1st.

5/26/2023 KSK

OS resets
20kg TGU + 3 windmills

DSN 2 x 20kg

(1,2,3,4) x 6, 1,2

Bar Hang
Leg raises
Brettzels

189NL this week, up from 174NL last week.

This was also my last workout in our current house. The big move is this weekend. The biggest change is going to be the floor. I currently have rubber mats on cement. The new house, the mats are going on carpet and will still feel pretty soft regardless.

5/30/2023 KSK

OS resets
20kg TGU + 3 windmills

DSN 2 x 20kg

(1,2,3,4,5) x 4

Bar Hang
Leg raises
Brettzels

Move is complete. My body is wrecked. Averaged about 30,000 steps for 3 consecutive days with lots of carrying, lifting and assembling. My overall volume was down and my HR monitor stated that I had a recovery session. My PRE said otherwise at 8-9/10. Again, my body is wrecked.

I would say that you've just reach 40% of what you can handle. It's the voice in your head that is telling you to stop. Can you do one more step, or two?

Gearing up for the grind block of single C+P ladders in ROP fashion. The lowest rungs will be performed with the 32kg while the higher rungs will be with the 28kg. sessions with end with 2H or 1H swings OTM. variety days will be spent ROP style loaded cleans and heavy TGU.

6/5/2023 ROP-inspired ladders

OS Resets
16kg halos
32kg GS

Clean + Press

3 x (1,2,3)
32kg
28kg

1HS 32kg 5/12 in 10 minutes

I am without my pull up bar today, so I worked on a slow active descent from the press.

6/5/2023 ROP-inspired ladders

OS Resets
16kg halos
32kg GS

Clean + Press

3 x (1,2,3)
32kg
28kg

1HS 32kg 5/12 in 10 minutes

I am without my pull up bar today, so I worked on a slow active descent from the press.
I’m sure you have put thought into this, but for what it’s worth I think you could work with the 32k exclusively. I have surprised myself at being able to keep up with ROP on the 32k. I saw what you did in Maximorum.

I appreciate that. I’m definitely acting conservatively. When I tested, my left was barely able to grind out the ugliest 5th rep and that’s why I decided to use a lighter load for the top rungs. I’ll heed your advice and try it out!

I appreciate that. I’m definitely acting conservatively. When I tested, my left was barely able to grind out the ugliest 5th rep and that’s why I decided to use a lighter load for the top rungs. I’ll heed your advice and try it out!
I totally understand, when i started this run on ROP I totally thought i would fail. The heavy days have to be long and drawn out though otherwise i might have already. I basically do chores around the house and sets between all that. I really want to press the 40k with my left. Hoping this will get me there!

Back
Top Bottom