all posts post new thread

Chronicles of Becoming a Man

I’m going to start this in a few weeks. I’m excited! What weight are you using for the press/squat? I see it’s the 32kg for snatching…impressive!

Thanks Larry! I'm using the 28s for the press/squats days. technically my 7RM, but I can't make 5 reps with the 32s.

Thanks Larry! I'm using the 28s for the press/squats days. technically my 7RM, but I can't make 5 reps with the 32s.
I’m newer to doubles and have an adjustable kb to go with all the ones 24k down. I think i would be on 28’s too but i may run it offset 24/28k, seemed like my best option when testing today.

I have 2 weeks left on my current program then I’ll hop on the maximorum.

I’m newer to doubles and have an adjustable kb to go with all the ones 24k down. I think i would be on 28’s too but i may run it offset 24/28k, seemed like my best option when testing today.

I have 2 weeks left on my current program then I’ll hop on the maximorum.
I bet it's going to be awesome. after I got done with alternating C+P and squats, I felt no desire for any additional core work. I bet that is going to even more so in your case then.

11/16/2022 Maximorium
Off Day

OS resets focusing on segmental rolling: supine to prone, then scorpion rolling into tall sit 90/90 position then return
16kg arm bar and bent arm bar
Hip flexor lengthening

11/17/2022 Maximorium Beta Test
Week 1 Day 3

OS resets
16kg OH hip flexor stretch

32kg NL: 72 reps in 20:00

Bar hangs
leg raises
brettzel stretch

This is the beauty of ladders and auto-regulation. I nearly met the same NL in 10 minutes less time from day 1.

11/15/2022 Maximorium Beta Test
Week 1 Day 2

OS resets
16kg windmill

2x28kg
NL: 32 (48 if you count the clean before the DFSQ) in 30:00

Bar hangs
Hip Flexor stretch
90/90

The outline on the grind days reminds me of DFW. Cleans are powerful. I see Geoff sent out a FAQs email, and apparently there was a typo in the program, so I did 10 extra minutes of snatches yesterday and I'm not mad about it.
Are you doing option A for the squats? I tried the 28/32k combo for presses and only got 3. I feel as though the squats will be too light. I guess i should actually test that too though.

11/18/2022 Maximorium Beta Test
Week 1 Day 4

OS resets
16kg windmill

2x28kg
NL: 48 (60 if you count the clean before the DFSQ) in 30:00

Bar hangs
Hip Flexor stretch
90/90

Are you doing option A for the squats? I tried the 28/32k combo for presses and only got 3. I feel as though the squats will be too light. I guess i should actually test that too though.
I am most definitely doing option A. My squats are not what I would characterize as strong. When do you start?

I am most definitely doing option A. My squats are not what I would characterize as strong. When do you start?
I have one full week left of a MKM program. Was originally thinking of doing an easy practice/ testing week. But now I’m thinking I may just jump right on it since I’ve done most of the RM tests. Will have to test out the squats, but I’m pretty strong there. 24/28k for presses, 28k for snatches.

11/29/2022 Maximorium Beta Test
Week 3 Day 2

OS resets
16kg windmill

2x28kg
NL: 50

Bar hangs
Hip Flexor stretch
90/90

12/1/2022 Maximorium Beta Test
Week 3 Day 3

OS resets

32kg NL: 88 reps in 20:00

Bar hangs
leg raises
brettzel stretch

12/2/2022 Maximorium Beta Test
Week 3 Day 4

OS resets
16kg windmill

2x28kg
NL: 60

Bar hangs
Hip Flexor stretch
90/90

This wraps up week 3. Total NL was 278, which is 30NL (12%) more than last week. Progress!

12/5/2022 Maximorium Beta Test
Week 34 Day 1

OS resets

32kg NL: 80 reps in 19:00

Bar hangs
leg raises
brettzel stretch

Auto-regulation progress today. I woke up with the mindset of taking today easy, which I did. I managed to achieve the same NL as last week, but in 1 minute less. My average HR also went from 132 to 125 bpm as my PRE was also down.

Back
Top Bottom