all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Circuit below MAF antiglycolytic?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Paotle

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi everyone,
Simple question is a circuit workout antiglycolytic if the heart rate stays below MAF without following A+A protocole? For example:
4 rounds of
Bw squat
Pushup
Pullup
Situp
The idea is to wait the heart rate goes below 110 before beginning the following exercise. It takes in most cases only a few seconds.
Best

Thanks for your answer.
I already read this article. My question was more oriented on the effects of bodyweight exercices with some rest to stay below MAF.

Best,

Hi everyone,
Simple question is a circuit workout antiglycolytic if the heart rate stays below MAF without following A+A protocole? For example:
4 rounds of
Bw squat
Pushup
Pullup
Situp
The idea is to wait the heart rate goes below 110 before beginning the following exercise. It takes in most cases only a few seconds.
Best

I would say the HR would orient you towards anti-glycolytic, yes... But in the case of these exercises I tend to think "the burn" is a better indicator. Stay fresh, avoid the burning feeling in the working muscles, avoid reps that slow down, etc.

I'm not quite understanding how your circuit works. One rep of each of the 4 exercises, rest between rounds, do 4 rounds? That's not much work overall.

I would say the HR would orient you towards anti-glycolytic, yes... But in the case of these exercises I tend to think "the burn" is a better indicator. Stay fresh, avoid the burning feeling in the working muscles, avoid reps that slow down, etc.

I'm not quite understanding how your circuit works. One rep of each of the 4 exercises, rest between rounds, do 4 rounds? That's not much work overall.

Thanks for your answer @Anna C
Yes, I avoid the burn and always breathe through the nose.
The circuit works like that:
4 rounds
BW/jump squat (10 reps explosive without burn)
Rest below 110bpm
Pushup (10 reps explosive without burn)
Rest below 110bpm
Pullup (5 reps)
Rest below 110bpm
Situp (15 reps)
Rest below 110bpm
New round.

It takes about 12 minutes and I do it mainly 2 times/day.

Best,

OK, makes more sense... Yes, I'd say that's anti-glycolytic. Breathing through the nose is another good way to keep it that way.

In contrast to what you're doing, if you did twice as many reps and they slowed down at the end of each set (glycolysis, lactate, H+, acid, burn locally in working muscles... can be a good growth stimulus but has some downsides)... or if you did the exercises continuously in a circuit (HR high, breathing heavy, glycolysis and lactate high... can be a good cardio stimulus but has some downsides), these would be anti-AGT ;) Glycolytic, in other words.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom