all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Clarification on Fighter Pull Up Program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JCavin

Level 4 Valued Member
Once you hit the 12 rep max, are you adding an extra set?

For example, do you START with your 12 rep max and THEN go down to 10 or are you starting at 10?

If you are referring to the 15RM version then I interpret it as.

Day One:
Set 1: 12 reps
Set 2: 10 reps
Set 3: 8 reps
Set 4: 6 reps
Set 5: 4 reps

You add a set on Day Five
On Day Seven, you up the starting reps to 14

I don’t quite understand your question either, but you don’t add a set, you add reps, always 5 sets.

At least that is how I see it.

Day 1 is 12-10-8-6-4

5 sets

Day 5 is 12-12-10-8-6

5 sets.

Day 7 is 14-12-10-8-6

5 sets

Again that’s just how I read it.

No you guys did. Was just making sure I read it correctly. Started thinking the first set was actually 15, followed by 12,10, etc.

In retrospect it was a dumb question, but thanks for answering it.

No you guys did. Was just making sure I read it correctly. Started thinking the first set was actually 15, followed by 12,10, etc.

In retrospect it was a dumb question, but thanks for answering it.
No worries...

Does this programme have to be done on consecutive days or does it work with three days per week?

Nice that Dan recommends sticking with working from 3RM to 5RM with the same load, then increasing the load. I think this is best for most folks, but if you're aiming for the TSC or other high-rep outing, you'll want to read the full FPP article and go for more reps.

-S-

Nice that Dan recommends sticking with working from 3RM to 5RM with the same load, then increasing the load. I think this is best for most folks, but if you're aiming for the TSC or other high-rep outing, you'll want to read the full FPP article and go for more reps.

-S-

Today is my last day of week 4 before taking some days off and testing. Will let you guys know in a few days how much they went up at a starting point of 5rm.

My back has blown up in muscle mass. Can’t recommend the program enough. Simple program. Looking to use a 20lb vest next round and see about getting high reps with that.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom