all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Classifying Ballistics

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Cattleballs

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi, I am working on my double press at the moment but am a bit OCD about keeping my "pull" reps in line or above my "push" reps. I have used Dan John's idea of totalling all the reps I do in each of the 6 movements throughout the week. I find my pull up performance dips while doing a high volume of double presses. Could you classify snatches and cleans as "pull" reps?

Thanks

No they are hinge movements. And he said himself that the counting of reps works well for presses, pulls and squats, but not really for hinges and loaded carries. The latter are hard to quantify in general. Hinge reps can be counted but a one swing is hardly comparable to a deadlift. You can easily do 200 swings per day, but only a few deadlifts.

thanks, thought listing all of them as hinges might skew it a bit but I guess not. Will just add in some pull ups or rows

Get strong at what you wish to get strong at.

Don't pay attention to imagined or theoretical imbalances; deal with any real ones you find but only when you actually find them.

To be proactive and look for imbalances, get a Functional Movement Screen and review the results with your tester.

Doing equal reps won't make you equally strong at different lifts or patterns.

It's good to own all basic movement patterns; it's not necessary to load them all, all the time.

JMO, YMMV.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom