all posts post new thread

ClayPainter's Training Log

I like your workouts. Great job. I only achieved Timeless Simple back in 2017 and really wanted to achieve the Timed standard, but it never happened. I know you're close to Timed Simple. It's good to have goals. Looking forward to following your progress.

Wed 5 Jan - Timeless Simple

10x10 1hsw 32 kg (untimed- rested as needed between sets)
TGU 10 total 32 kg 10 minutes

Notes: Swings felt strong and snappy. Going to de-load a bit on Friday (24 kg for TGUs and either 1h with 24 or 2h with 32 kg for swings)

I like your workouts. Great job. I only achieved Timeless Simple back in 2017 and really wanted to achieve the Timed standard, but it never happened. I know you're close to Timed Simple. It's good to have goals. Looking forward to following your progress.
Thanks, @masa! We’ll see when I end up getting timed… I almost feel like I need to buy a heavier KB to work heavier swings for a bit and then drop to 32 for the timed. My lungs are ok, but my glutes, hamstrings & grip are going to struggle with the 5 minutes for 100 swings…
It looks like I live just a couple countries west of you at the moment. I hope you are passing the dark months well!

Weight Update:

I weighed myself this morning -- 258.8 lbs
Last weigh-in was 15-Dec -- 263.2

My feelings are positive on this. I managed to make it through Xmas and N. Yrs. with a weight-loss. There were some food indulgences, and over-drinking. However, I managed to walk enough while on vacation, track my calories, and work out enough to still come out on the right side of things. That's a 1.46 lb/wk weight loss average, but in reality it probably is not equally distributed over those 3 weeks.
This kind of progress provides me with some optimism though.

Currently using the free 'Lifesum' as my calorie documenter/tracker.
If there is a super great tracker that someone wants to recommend, feel free, but this one works fine.

Thanks, @masa! We’ll see when I end up getting timed… I almost feel like I need to buy a heavier KB to work heavier swings for a bit and then drop to 32 for the timed. My lungs are ok, but my glutes, hamstrings & grip are going to struggle with the 5 minutes for 100 swings…
Great to hear. I have a 40 kg bell too, when I trained for Timed Standard, I used it sometimes. Your log motivated me to use heavier weights. I haven't tested bigger bells due to my limitations (back, knee and elbow to name a few). But maybe next week I'll try some heavier lifts. I have done only GS type of lifting recently.
It looks like I live just a couple countries west of you at the moment.
Yep. I have a relatives in Norway and some relatives just works there. I might take a job from there too, if I'm qualified.
I hope you are passing the dark months well!
Likewise!

Tues 11 Jan - Exercise 5 of The Swing! (T. Reifkind)

16 kg KB - Sets were done on the minute.
472 1hsw total - time is 25 minutes.
During each set, a hand transfer was done mid-set

2x12
1x14
1x16
1x18
20x20

Notes: That was challenging and rewarding.
My workout tomorrow will depend on how my body feels during the day. If incredibly fatigued and sore, I’ll defer any S&S work to Thursday.

**Monday 17 Jan - Timed Simple

32 kg
100 1hsw in 5 minutes (10 every 30 seconds)
rest until minute 6
10 TGU in 10 min (5 r & 5 l)

Notes: Did I own timed simple? No. But I completed it with fairly solid form. I had to really concentrate on slowing my breath down between get ups after the swings. The last set of swings was pretty tough.
It feels good to accomplish the goal.

Congrats on the Timed Simple Standard. I may start S&S again next month, if I'm cleared to train by physiotherapist.

Congrats on the Timed Simple Standard. I may start S&S again next month, if I'm cleared to train by physiotherapist.
Thanks, @masa. Good luck with the recoveries and physiotherapy!

Wednesday- 19 Jan

C&P test for ROP to choose correct kb size
24kg 1x8 (l&r)

100 2hsw - 10 emom 32kg

Notes: Will finish week with more Simple sessions. Will start ROP next week. I worked ROP back in the day but forget how far I progressed.

Thanks, @masa. Good luck with the recoveries and physiotherapy!
Thanks!
Wednesday- 19 Jan

C&P test for ROP to choose correct kb size
24kg 1x8 (l&r)

100 2hsw - 10 emom 32kg

Notes: Will finish week with more Simple sessions. Will start ROP next week. I worked ROP back in the day but forget how far I progressed.
I did ROP back in the days too. It's a great program. Are you hunting Sininster after the ROP or what is your tactic?

I did ROP back in the days too. It's a great program. Are you hunting Sininster after the ROP or what is your tactic?
That is a good question, @masa , and I need to lay out a bit more of a detailed plan.
- I am NOT hunting Sinister.
- My primary goal right now is to get my body weight down to a more healthy range. It's going to be a battle and I will surely lose some muscle while doing it.
- I don't expect to get a lot stronger during my weight loss goals, but I would like to maintain a decent amount of strength.

- I want to do ROP as a general conditioning routine and maintain/ increase (a bit) of press strength.
-My hope is to do TGUs during variety days to maintain Simple GU standard, and work in heavy swings to maintain Simple strength...

-So plan/tactic...
1) Do ROP with some heavy swings work in and GUs worked in on variety days to maintain strength and conditioning.
2) Increase daily steps and background activity by a lot! (at least 100%)...
3) Drink less on weekends and maintain calories to 2000 per day...

That is my rough plan, but I am giving myself through the weekend to firm out the workout routine. I'll continue with Simple and a variety day until it firms up.

That is a good question, @masa , and I need to lay out a bit more of a detailed plan.
- I am NOT hunting Sinister.
- My primary goal right now is to get my body weight down to a more healthy range. It's going to be a battle and I will surely lose some muscle while doing it.
- I don't expect to get a lot stronger during my weight loss goals, but I would like to maintain a decent amount of strength.

- I want to do ROP as a general conditioning routine and maintain/ increase (a bit) of press strength.
-My hope is to do TGUs during variety days to maintain Simple GU standard, and work in heavy swings to maintain Simple strength...

-So plan/tactic...
1) Do ROP with some heavy swings work in and GUs worked in on variety days to maintain strength and conditioning.
2) Increase daily steps and background activity by a lot! (at least 100%)...
3) Drink less on weekends and maintain calories to 2000 per day...

That is my rough plan, but I am giving myself through the weekend to firm out the workout routine. I'll continue with Simple and a variety day until it firms up.
Great! Sounds like a good plan. I like it. Looking forward to it. I have a pretty similar goals... well a dream at least. I want to achieve Timeless Solid and one-arm press 40 kg bell. Oh, and 2XBW deadlift would be nice too. I have increased daily steps and tried to decrease consumed calories. I have some fat to torch.

Weight Update:

I weighed myself this morning -- 258.8 lbs
Last weigh-in was 15-Dec -- 263.2

My feelings are positive on this. I managed to make it through Xmas and N. Yrs. with a weight-loss. There were some food indulgences, and over-drinking. However, I managed to walk enough while on vacation, track my calories, and work out enough to still come out on the right side of things. That's a 1.46 lb/wk weight loss average, but in reality it probably is not equally distributed over those 3 weeks.
This kind of progress provides me with some optimism though.

Currently using the free 'Lifesum' as my calorie documenter/tracker.
If there is a super great tracker that someone wants to recommend, feel free, but this one works fine.
You're obviously doing something right.

Sunday Pre-Week thoughts.
Bicycled 14 miles in the morning. It felt good, wasn't super early but given the short days here, the moon was up and the sun didn't peak up until my return trip.
Re-reading/browsing ETK. Now that I have accomplished Timed Simple - Standard, I am going to do a few months (at least) of ROP. I am not committed to necessarily achieving the end goals, but working toward them.
ROP goals are:
10 min 200 rep snatch test - 24kg - (I think this might be obtainable in the near to mid-term, but I could be grossly overestimating myself).
1 C&P with each arm with KB closest to half my bodyweight. I think this is unreasonable for my current state, i.e., high BW and just really getting into my strength journey for the second time in my adult life. I'll pursue this, perhaps, after I slim down and build base strength.

Schedule:
Monday - Heavy day (presses and pulls)
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - Light day (presses and pulls)
Thursday - variety
Friday - Medium day (Presses and pulls)
Saturday - variety
Sunday - off
*dice method will be used to determine duration of pulls, and intensity will be determined by schedule. Snatches will be kept to 1 day per week in the beginning with the other days being a mix of swings and high pulls. Variety days and medium to heavy pull days will be used to maintain my Simple strength that I have achieved.

Continue to watch my calorie intake - hovering around 2000. Only had drinks one evening this weekend kept it moderate and maintained calories (those on the no-drink bus, just know, that this was a marked improvement than most weekends for me).

Back
Top Bottom