all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Clean and Jerk and rowing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
Came off site of passage 2 weeks ago. Ended on the 36kg but was hitting the wall after 2 reps and it was aggravating my elbow.
I've essentially been doing random workouts for weeks and enjoying it. One of the movements I've played around with is the Double C and J . I wanted double Clean and J programme and alternate with rowing or versa climber in the gym. Any decent ones that you can recommend??

@conor78 Programming depends on how you want to train your C&Js: Either heavy for reps or light for time. You could alternate heavy sets of double C&Js with double KB front squats and then finish the session with some time on the rower/versaclimber.

If you want to alternate C&Js with rower/versaclimber work, you could do sets of C&J with rower/versaclimber as 'active rest' between sets over a fixed time frame, like the ETK Program Minimum. That might be a tad brutal though; those machines are a little intense for 'active rest'.

What are you looking to achieve with your C&J training? Do you have a specific goal regarding your C&J weight/numbers or are you looking to maximise your overall strength and conditioning?

Conor, the Neupert RMBFB is a good one for the long cycle. Andrew Read has a couple of good ones too I believe. Andrew's has you doing c&j's and front squats in ladders.

Of course Pavel's ROTK, but it's done in blocks and not exclusively.

Thanks guys. Great suggestions. It's not a movement I've ever trained before in any depth. I did a bit of GS earlier in the year but that's it.
Was thinking of KB strong approach 10 sets of 6 and reduce rest. Need to start with 24kg as it's not a movement I've patterned.
Goals are really to learn the movement and keep conditioning at a good level for a 40 year old man with a busy job and 3 kids.
Cheers guys

Conor, the Neupert RMBFB is a good one for the long cycle. Andrew Read has a couple of good ones too I believe. Andrew's has you doing c&j's and front squats in ladders.

Of course Pavel's ROTK, but it's done in blocks and not exclusively.
Cheers John hope all good with you

on free workout snack of Hec G
there is a 4-week programs of jerk. you might want to consider that. 3 days per week, 15 minutes each

If you have kettlebell workout snacks 2.0 the beta version is there
How do the Power ladders work. On week 2
Its says power ladders 4 and 6
Is this work up to 4 and then work up to 6 and repeat or straight sets of 4 and then sets of 6
Thanks

How do the Power ladders work. On week 2
Its says power ladders 4 and 6
Is this work up to 4 and then work up to 6 and repeat or straight sets of 4 and then sets of 6
Thanks

do 4 reps, rest as needed, do 6 reps

@conor78
Just finished this..
whatever press program you like it can be done something like this with active rest (rowing slowly @ 20-22 SPM) between press sets, in this example I did get-ups on the 10 min mark, then the push-ups at around 7.5 mins.
Works well for me, this strategy turned an off day for me into a good one..

LED-Strength-Mix
Rowing 11.7 mi total
32k 1+1 slow get-up x 5
Slow ring push-ups to failure x 4
11-15-18LED-Strength-Mix.png

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom