all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Clean and Push Press Programming Recommendations

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Zach Silver

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking to spend some time working on the clean and push press. My interest in the push press over the military press or the jerk is simply a matter of personal preference. I'm not training for any particular goal at the moment, and I always feel great after heavy clean and push presses. I was wondering if anyone had any programming recommendations for the clean and push press. I was thinking of running something similar to ROP with ladders of variable volume spread out across the week, but I'm certainly open to something else as well. Any insights here would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I've been thinking strong endurance/a+a style style double clean & push press protocol. Maybe 10RM bells, using q&d snatch 044 protocol timing, 10/2 version, but keeping the reps maybe in 3-5 range... focus on powerful reps and solid lock out...

Has @Geoff Neupert said ok to run Strong! With push presses? If so, would the Starting weight be different? Surely over-complicating, but just want to be sure (y)
Yes he has ok'd the push press for Strong. I remember he put an email out entitled the "Quasimodo Press" about the push press some years back. He recommended running Strong with the push press using a weight that is a tough 2 rep strict press or words to that effect.

I actually looked through my saved emails and found it. . . From May 5th, 2014. . . Use a weight that you can barely press for 2 reps. I also had a further correspondence with him and he advised the movement was a full cycle clean and push press.

The Strong! program suggests developing all of the big six movements. Then, choose one of those movements to proceed.

Hi. You also have kettlebell express with Neupert. There he has a couple of programs that can be run with Jerk and push-press. Kettlebell express also contains all The Giant programs.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom