all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Clean and Push Press Programming Recommendations

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thanks @Pete L !

My best tips for getting the most out of the TGU, assuming they're being done per the program and are technically sound (both things that can go awry, so worth ensuring), are 1) take your time with them, pausing a few seconds at each position including the elbow, "OWN EACH POSITION" as they say, and 2) do them as if you have a heavier weight than what you have, requiring just a little more tension and focus - getting ahead of the challenge.
I did my first 36 kg TGU yesterday ?. As well as the pauses you recommended, I also added in some extra low volume days, also with pauses, to give myself more confidence. Plus switched TGU before swings so felt fresher.
I think there was a large mental component to overcome after I had to bail my first attempt.

Last edited:
I did my first 36 kg TGU yesterday ?. As well as the pauses you recommended, I also added in some extra low volume days, also with pauses, to give myself more confidence. Plus switched TGU before swings so felt fresher.
I think there was a large mental component to overcome after I had to bail my first attempt.
Awesome, Congratulations!

Couldn't you do push press instead of a press while doing ABC? It might suck doing three and a quarter squats instead of three.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom