all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Clubbel /Mace

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi evyrobody Iron lover...

I have one question Are you think that Clubbel or Mace can it help and improve the overall strength for people who have been practicing for many years with heawy kettlbels?

I have no experience with this type of training but I have read several articles about wrestlers and ancient warriors who trained and this type of equipment

Or the effect of Clubbel / Mace is not even noticeable when a person has been training for many years with difficult snatches TGU's and swings and Deadlifting ?

Thanks
Best

Pat

I think so for sure it will work rotational strength in the shoulders and add a new dimension to core strength as well as forging some serious grip strength

I bought a macebell at the start of lockdown and more recently a steel club. I’ve been following Mark Wildman’s material and Mark is an RKC and references Pavel quite a bit in his work. I’ve been using steel club more so than than the mace. It’s really enjoyable to use. A lot of transfer from SFirst principles. This is an excellent article.
The biggest difference is the plane of motion you have to move it through. It also forces a lot of anti rotation resistance similar to one handed swings. The steel club really taxes grip strength and the movements such as the mill have direct carryover to striking/wrestling.
I’m teaching myself via YTube though would hope to attend a workshop with MW when he comes to the uk. Similar to kettlebells I imagine steel clubs are a very deep rabbit hole to go down..

I have also been following Mark Wildman and sounds interesting, but I am just starting with kettlebells, so will not start just now with clubs.

I own both and find myself using the clubs more and more... mainly in my warm ups, the clubs can really get your shoulders greased up nicely for heavy snatches or jerks etc

I loved it, but 2 weeks of 7 days 1 hour mace training really [f________] up my hands. Had to lay of training for a month afterwards, after 6 months they felt okayish. Almost a year later they are fine again

I started with a 10lbs Macebell a couple of months ago to learn the moves. I now use a 18lbs macebell for 360's , gravediggers, uppercuts, rows and twists. The 360's helped my shoulders enormously. Had a rotator cuff injury a while back so I took my time to get used to the movements. Hands ,forearms and core got a lot stronger too.
So I would really recommend the Macebell. Just start easy and light ( as with most new things) .
Clubbels are great too, but I mostly use them as a recovery tool.

Does anyone know if Alberto Gallazzi has any books or videos available? I did a quick search, but can't find anything

I started with a 10lbs Macebell a couple of months ago to learn the moves. I now use a 18lbs macebell for 360's , gravediggers, uppercuts, rows and twists. The 360's helped my shoulders enormously. Had a rotator cuff injury a while back so I took my time to get used to the movements. Hands ,forearms and core got a lot stronger too.
So I would really recommend the Macebell. Just start easy and light ( as with most new things) .
Clubbels are great too, but I mostly use them as a recovery tool.

You got me real interested in macebells. Could you help me decide on what weight(s) to get?

Objectives: Shoulder mobility and warmups, Core and forearm strengthening.
Base strength: I'm currently doing Simple and Sinister; 32K swings and 24K getups.

I would start with a 4kg and a 8kg . Both serve me well for various purposes. My S&S weight’s are 32kg double handed and 24kg get ups at 68kg bodyweight.

I would start with a 4kg and a 8kg . Both serve me well for various purposes. My S&S weight’s are 32kg double handed and 24kg get ups at 68kg bodyweight.

Excellent!
Thanks for the useful S&S frame of reference!

Does anyone know if Alberto Gallazzi has any books or videos available? I did a quick search, but can't find anything
You might consider leaving a message via our StrongFirst Italy page on Facebook.

-S-

I do 40kg and 48 kg 1H swings, and I started with 9lbs hammer and 15lbs mace. The latest is quite enough to teach me various lessons.

The more I look at the steel mace the more I like it. I think I am going to buy one once I get my kettlebells sets going. Right now I only have one

I don't have any social media outside the Strong First community

You can send something from there.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom