all posts post new thread

Nutrition Coffee or tea

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@wespom9
(Without getting into pricey coffee...) Kicking Horse offers very good stuff. If you like it, you should also try the offerings from Oso Negro. They are based in Nelson B.C.

As much as I love going to Europe and the enjoy the euro lifestyle, I can't get into espresso

In the right context and with the right blend, espresso can be amazing. Personally, however, if I want a small, strong as heck cup of coffee that's going to boot me up the backside in the AM, I go for Greek/Turkish/Arabic-style coffee.

I'm one of those weird people that don't use coffee as a boost - I can easily go without it, an example being when I'm on a vacation where I can't get what I want, I just won't drink any - but legitimately love the taste, smell, flavour, etc.

I admit to not knowing much the difference in those mediterranean styles of coffee @Chrisdavisjr , how would you characterize them?

@wespom9 They're all more or less the same (I have a Greek friend who'd be furious if he heard me saying that but there you go): They all use a very fine ground coffee, almost like flour, and are brewed on a hot stove in a small pot called an ibrik, briki or cezve, depending on who you ask. All of the names are borrowed from Arabic, and I suspect the method of brewing originated with the Turks although many nations claim it as their own.

They're always taken black and are usually sweetened with sugar but not necessarily. The ground coffee isn't removed/filtered from the coffee in any way so you get a nice layer of sediment at the bottom of the cup and a very strong, full flavour.

It's probably the oldest method used to prepare coffee and it takes a little getting used to. If you can't find a coffee shop that makes it you'll sometimes find it available in Turkish barbershops.

The optimal setting for a perfect coffee experience, is out by the sea, in the forest or on the mountain. Of course, the coffee there needs to be strong, pure and brewed on a real kettle!

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_141440914.jpg
    IMG_20200412_141440914.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200410_133054223.jpg
    IMG_20200410_133054223.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 12
Strong french press coffee, add two table spoons each of grass fed butter, organic coconut and MCT oil and one teaspoon of any one of several different mushroom powders made by Paul Stamets. Early in morning, so make sure you put the lid on the Vita-Mix before you turn it on, or your warm up will consist of washing power coffee off of the ceiling and walls. This mix and a few different amino acids will be sole calorie intake until 11a or noon. I've tried many different types of quality loose and powdered green teas. I feel better with the coffee mix. I'm sure being addicted to caffeine has nothing to do with it. I might also have a packet of Workout Crusher by Eboost ( 175mg. caffeine). Yeah, no problem here.

And from time to time I will mix in a couple table spoons of Death Wish Coffee in with my regular beans.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom