all posts post new thread

Nutrition Coffee or tea

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I love Coffee, but it doesn't love me back. Tea's better on my stomach. Plus you experiment with lots of different blends.

I like different kinds of tea, china black being the favorite at the moment. Coffee, however, is the one substance what I am truly addicted to, phsyiologically and ritually. A cold shower followed by a large, strong cup of coffee is THE way of starting a productive day. :)

kaffe.jpg

I love my coffee. Recently I'm trying out fermented tea (Kombucha) - in the recipe book, there's actually a recipe for fermented coffee. Maybe I'll try this out, too.

There is of course a time for tea (tea time) Japanese or Chinese green tea are my favorites.
However if I have to choose nothing can beat a nice home brew cup of coffee from a Hario V60 filter or an Aeropress. I prefer organic Ethiopian Sidamo type or Columbia Kachalu beans.

I used to be a stricly filter coffee guy but now I'm all about the cafetière/French press; I feel like you get a fuller taste when the oils aren't filtered out. Any fans?

Definitely a fuller taste , but I feel too much of a cafeine rush after a French press.

I used to be a stricly filter coffee guy but now I'm all about the cafetière/French press; I feel like you get a fuller taste when the oils aren't filtered out. Any fans?

It's all good man... but....

French Press / Aeropress / Pour Over / Auto Drip in that order

Unless you are talking about Espresso and Turkish

@Chrisdavisjr, there are a number of medicinal mushroom blends designed for coffee, but I think Foursiggmatic got it rolling. I like their stuff, and Laird Hamilton has a tasty mushroom hot cacao mix that makes a nice mocha. Reishi, cordyceps, and chaga are the ones I look for, alone or in a mix.

There is of course a time for tea (tea time) Japanese or Chinese green tea are my favorites.
However if I have to choose nothing can beat a nice home brew cup of coffee from a Hario V60 filter or an Aeropress. I prefer organic Ethiopian Sidamo type or Columbia Kachalu beans.

My dear Aeropress is quarantined at work, hopefully safe and well. :/

I read the title of this topic and jumped in to post a comment ?

Currently as everything is under lockdown (due to Corona) I am seriously missing my coffee..... I miss it a lot.....

I tried drinking tea at home and even I made instant coffee at home but... I just miss Starbucks.

Well... last time I checked... you can make coffee at home... :cool: (certainly better than the swill at the Mermaid)

Only Black Rifle Coffee for me. Tom Hirtons and Crapbucks don't hold a candle to homemade Black Rifle

I use a french press every day. Love it, yet my wife hates it (but loves her k-cup). I grind fresh beans every morning. Sometimes I buy local, sometimes I buy more generic (Kicking Horse is a go too, good Canadian brand. I like Grizzly Claw) but it never tastes bad in with the press.

Whenever I travel, I sure do miss it. As much as I love going to Europe and the enjoy the euro lifestyle, I can't get into espresso

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom