all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Cold Tempering

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve-piece

First Post
Are there articles or training guidelines associated with cold tempering?

Pavel has lauded the benefits of exposure to cold but I can't find detailed examples of programs, etc.

Thanks!

Hello,

WHM is a practice per se, combining cold exposure, breathing and some sort of mental training. This is very interesting to dive into.

Beyond WHM, we can also think in terms of acclimation, for both cold and hot water.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Ben Greenfield talks a lot about cold exposure and the different ways to experience its joys. Rhonda Patrick also looks at it via the scientific studies that are out there, though there are not as many as heat exposure.

When is a good time to do it? I've read after a workout is a no no. And some of us train in the morning, so mornings are shot. Before bed could wake you up too much.

Are there articles or training guidelines associated with cold tempering?

Pavel has lauded the benefits of exposure to cold but I can't find detailed examples of programs, etc.

Thanks!
Pavel published sketched out a training program for cold water exposure in MILO 1999 vol7 no 2. Good information and tells you what I think you will want to know. Happy low temperature dunking.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom