all posts post new thread

Nutrition Colloidal Silver

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
all i think of when reading or hearing about colloidal silver is this guy.
Y2eFdp9.jpg

Supposedly that Blue guy drank 10 cups per day for 10 years to combat his skin disorder. There is much debate considering colloidal silver and its effectiveness and safety. Taken in small amounts, like 2 teaspoons per day, is suppose to be harmless and good for the immune system.

Also good as a topical wound healer I was given some by a friend and the cut healed really fast ! As much as I know about it , has amazing anti bacterial properties. But that's just silver in its natural state anyway.

when I worked with NCAA division I football we would use a product called silvadene on wounds and they would heal very fast. Can't attest to oral administration of colloidal silver. I have used colloidal silver as a spray with a nasal jet in combination with some sort of herbal extract (don't remember off the top of my head the herbs used) for sinusitis and it has worked well

Interesting reading concerning the Bob Beck Protocol. Part of his protocol includes the use of Colloidal Silver. Mr Beck was a PhD research scientist with a genius level IQ. In addition, he did not sell his protocol but gave it all way through free literature and lectures. See here: www.bobbeck.com

I haven't tried the rest of his protocol but have started with the Colloidal Silver this week. Also, my wife had an appointment with her doc today and informed him that she just started taking colloidal silver internally, 2 tsp per day. The doc was all for it.

Lastly, I'm taking the Silver Biotics made by American Biotech Labs. There are many positive reviews on this stuff on Amazon...

Google "Silver Nanoparticles" instead of colloidal silver and you'll find better information and less woo. It has been researched in Asia for over a decade now and the west are yet to catch up.
What is most commonly known as "colloidal silver" is actually ionic silver, or more accurately, silver oxide. Each ion is positively charged and is the smallest particle size. It is typically made by method of electrolysis. It is also the type of silver implicated in the condition Argyria, though not lethal, it does cause a permanent blue/grey color in the skin. To this date, silver nanoparticles have not been found to cause Argyria. They have totally different properties - A silver nanoparticle is a pure silver particle that has thousands of silver ions attached to it's surface. It also has a negative charge and is around 45 times the size of a silver ion. Nanoparticles can come in different shapes - spheres, rods, prisms, cubes... The list of conditions that silver nanoparticles are being tested against is growing: HIV, TB, Cancer, Thrombosis/stroke, Diabetes, hep B, H1N1, MRSA... Google any condition with "silver nanoparticles" and see what comes up.
Fascinating things!

sgtbam I have taken colloidal too. I don't take it on an every day basis and only use it for different things such stomach flu. Truth be told that is why I don't take it often, but it does work. Why do you and your wife take it every day?

sgtbam I have taken colloidal too. I don't take it on an every day basis and only use it for different things such stomach flu. Truth be told that is why I don't take it often, but it does work. Why do you and your wife take it every day?
I tried it internally for 30 days and externally on scalp folliculitis for about 60 days and did not notice any benefits.

Google "Silver Nanoparticles" instead of colloidal silver and you'll find better information and less woo. It has been researched in Asia for over a decade now and the west are yet to catch up.
What is most commonly known as "colloidal silver" is actually ionic silver, or more accurately, silver oxide. Each ion is positively charged and is the smallest particle size. It is typically made by method of electrolysis. It is also the type of silver implicated in the condition Argyria, though not lethal, it does cause a permanent blue/grey color in the skin. To this date, silver nanoparticles have not been found to cause Argyria. They have totally different properties - A silver nanoparticle is a pure silver particle that has thousands of silver ions attached to it's surface. It also has a negative charge and is around 45 times the size of a silver ion. Nanoparticles can come in different shapes - spheres, rods, prisms, cubes... The list of conditions that silver nanoparticles are being tested against is growing: HIV, TB, Cancer, Thrombosis/stroke, Diabetes, hep B, H1N1, MRSA... Google any condition with "silver nanoparticles" and see what comes up.
Fascinating things!

Thanks, Red Lotus. Looks like subsequent posters didn't even read your very interesting and informative post.

Silver nanoparticles... in different shapes (spheres, rods, prisms, cubes...), not causing blue skin. Now there's an interesting antibacterial/antiviral agent. Will be very interesting to monitor development in this field.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom