all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Combing Kettlebells with Barbells?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NormanOsborn

Level 5 Valued Member
Are there any Programs that can be run alongside a weight training regime - sit down, Simple and Sinister, give the rest of the class a chance!:D - without overtaxing recovery? I enjoy Kettlebells, but I love training with Barbells and Dumbbells too.

Thanks.

Here is nice example of KB,LISS and barbell. I change it slightly for my use, stripped away A+A for now.

Heavy Swings+ BB deadlifts+ Single leg deadlifts + Optional GPP any type carry
Kb jumping squats+ BB squats+ single kb front squats or single kb lunges + Optional any type of carry
TGU+bb bench press+ single kb floor press or shoulder press + Optional any type of carry

You can do it as a circuit or sets x reps on each individual exercise. I would add some GPP carry at the end of each. I've run something similar and added plenty of kgs to my barbell lifts last year.

This program is intriguing. How has it worked for you? What have your results been?
Well, because I'm young and have good recovery I've seen awesome results. My main barbell lifts jumped up, my 2 km time improved. I would say that main part of it is combination of Q&D, LISS and Barbell work (front squats, OHP) At first six week i did that program as it is writen. But latter get rid of A+A and then biggest results come. But in november before i buy heavier KB I'm planing to do A+A instead of Q&D.

I just put together a hybrid of Rogoznikov from PTTP and S&S for myself. If you would like some info hit me up

This program is intriguing. How has it worked for you? What have your results been?
It can be easy to do too much volume on this program by trying to do it all everyday. While the article mentions the minimum effective dose/volume (MEV), I didn't discuss maximum adaptable volume (MAV) or maximum recoverable volume (MRV). Both are unique to the athlete and their variables.

It works well to start with 3x base sessions per week and add frequency or supplementation one at a time once progress stalls.

Slow twitch dominant individuals will do better with more frequency and supplementation than fast twitch dominant individuals.

Between MED and MAV is where to try and stay. Periodically it may be necessary to flirt with between MAV and MRV but above MRV should almost always be avoided in training and reserved for the competitive event.

@NormanOsborn -

Here's a series of articles I wrote years ago on this subject that you may find helpful -

@NormanOsborn -

Here's a series of articles I wrote years ago on this subject that you may find helpful -

Great stuff, @Geoff Neupert . Thank you.

@Geoff Neupert can Swing Hard be plugged into barbell training since it's focus is on Power Endurance rather than Hypertrophy or Strength development? Obviously the SW sessions and barbell workouts would be done on separate days.

Thanks.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom