all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Combining calisthenics practice with EES

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

dk

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi all,

So I'm planning to continue doing EES with deadlifts, overhead press and pull-ups. But I also wanted to work on learning some calisthenics movements that I'm not currently able to do: pistol squats, one arm pullups, muscle-ups. Don't worry, I would pick only one to focus on at a time, just haven't decided which. I could either:

1) Practice one movement in a GTG style throughout the day in addition to EES
2) Replace either of the auxiliary movements in my EES program (ab-wheel and loaded carries) with some practice of this variety.
3)Work one-arm-pullup/muscleup practice in with the pull-ups. Not sure how I would do that with the pistol squat though.
4)Something else?

Thoughts on which approach would be better?

Thanks!

I'd just do the calisthenics as a part of ES. Ten EASY reps daily.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try. Since I'm learning these movements, I can't even do one rep yet so I assume you mean 10 reps of whatever progression movement I'm working on.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try. Since I'm learning these movements, I can't even do one rep yet so I assume you mean 10 reps of whatever progression movement I'm working on.

Yup. Progressions, regressions... anything, really, as long as it is quite easy (so you can do it everyday).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom