all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Competition KB’s with thicker handles?

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

RussF

Level 4 Valued Member
long story short:

does anyone make competition style kettlebells with thick ha

I have both completion and hard style KB’s and even two Vulcan KB’s with a larger window.

I prefer the style on the Vulcan over the others but they’ve been out or on back order forever it seems.

I like the uniformity of the competition bells but the thick handles of the hard style.

Competition KBs are going to have either 33mm or 35mm diameter handles. 35mm is a little smaller than most cast iron bells. I have never seen or heard of comp bells with thicker handles than those sizes.

To me, 35mm is perfect. As far as I'm concerned, anything over 35mm is a bug, not a feature. Kettlebells USA 35mm Paradigm Pro Elite competition KBs are by far my favorite because of the texture of the bare steel handles, which have a little grain to them that works well with and without chalk. I also have a bunch of DragonDoor and Rogue cast iron bells, but always use my KBUSA or Kettlebell Kings comp bells w/35mm handles when I have duplicate sizes, although I prefer the handle texture of KBUSA.

Thanks for the input.
I’ve not handled their kettlebells and I might need to pick one up.
Kind of suck to try and find a favorite then go with that. Got to pay to play I guess if one is picky.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom