all posts post new thread

Old Forum Compression gear.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Butch

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what's the ideea behind compression gear (socks, pants, etc...) ?
How can these help in lifting or other sports?

They don't hinder blood flow? How can this help?

Butch, try this - plenty to read. I gather that no one really can figure out why they work but people do seem to like them.

http://www.google.com/search?q=compression+shorts+how+do+they+work

-S-

They're prettty good if you have recovery issues. Like if your calves need double as much recovery time after running, then running with compressions socks helps.

In my very unlimited experience with compression I remain unconvinced. Socks - wore them post runs for a while for recovery and can't say they made any real difference to be honest. I didn't like wearing them anyway, reminding me of going to a school PE class and they kept falling down even though they were supposed to be, er, tight.

I accidently bought a compression top online in a sale - liked the look of it more than anything and bought a large. Usually a med-large, not a big guy and like looser tops in general. I was actually quite shocked at the sudden appearance of very distinct abs and pecs, well toned arms and deltoids and was frankly a little embarrassed. I'm 51 and British and didn't like the idea of my neighbours gossiping and questioning perhaps a middle age sexual identity crisis was looming. So I wear it as a thermal, as a layer, all reserved and low key, you know. Besides that, I couldn't breathe. And it's itchy. Always looking for cheaper alternatives, just buy something 4 sizes too small for you or wrap yourself up in cling film. Now that would get the neighbours talking.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom