all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Concerned about health

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
What about hiring a nutrition coach to evaluate your diet?

First, I would follow a strict standardized program for a few months to reduce the number of variables and try to sleep, workout, etc. at the same levels for 3 to 6 months. Then,

1. Check T levels.
2. Increase protein, especially breakfast. Walk around after meals for better digestion.
3. Try a hypertrophy focused plan like BuiltStrong for 3 to 6 months to see if that makes a difference. BUILT STRONG | StrongFirst
This will validate whether putting on muscle is in fact a problem or there are other factors involved.
5. See a different doctor
6. If financially feasible, consult a professional trainer with nutrition education.
7. If you live near a university, contact the faculty to see if they would be interested in studying your problem. Researchers are always looking for good research problems for their grad students.

The scientific method and Sherlock Holmes approach would be to try to eliminate factors one by one until you find the answer.

1. Does protein increase make a difference?
2. Are T levels normal?
3. Are there any gastrointestinal problems?
4. Can you build muscle?

Why do I feel like this thread has been revived by a bot... But sure, always good to hear an update from OP, if available.

While I appreciate your advice and your commitment to a healthy lifestyle at 50, I want to consider my own age, which is 52. I'll take your recommendations to heart, emphasizing the importance of incorporating rich foods like ribeye steaks, salmon, and egg yolks into my diet. I'll also focus on complex movements such as Turkish Get Ups and Deadlifts to engage my nervous system effectively. Your suggestion of reducing workout frequency to two days per week for enhanced recovery resonates with me. As I navigate my fitness journey at 52, I'll tailor your insights to suit my age and individual needs. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Awesome. I think that is the first time anyone said they would actually take my advice. And although it may not line up with your goals, the thing I am doing now is Heavy Club / Clubbell work. That feels really good on my 50 year old joints.

Back
Top Bottom