all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Condensing the ETK program minimum

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Btw, I recall s&s does suggest doing as many swings as possible in a row once every two weeks I think... ? Might be a bit overlooked part of the program? I must admit I never did it during last 14 months.

Yes, and everyone seems to forget this part, or conveniently elect not to do it :)

My very first post on this forum was about that, 5 years ago: S&S Continuous Swings

I think what got lost in translation (or not explained in the S&S book) is that continuous swings have to be done a little differently than the normal S&S swings. As Pavel said in that thread, "your swings should still be explosive, although take a lot less effort. Like an experienced fighter who decides to work on a bag for 10min or more and is having a good time."

One time, I hit a rhythm with 16kg continous swings and got to 300 reps before I set the bell down. Felt like I could have gone on forever. Felt like it was something I should do more often. Never did it again since. Ha.

Yes, and everyone seems to forget this part, or conveniently elect not to do it :)

Heh. Well, uh...I did, or tried to.

My second time through S&S, I paid a lot more attention to the alternate swing methods, and found them really helpful. Shadow swings when I was tired / low energy, and non stop swings about every two weeks. I found that these really helped in breaking though barriers: making my regular swings more powerful, less tiring, shorter recovery, etc.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom