all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Conditioning for Naked Warrior

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If kettlebells are not an option for you, you could also consider crawling (in fact you can also add it to kb).
Check out Aleks Salkin and Original Strength for some great tutorials.
Crawling will also help you with OAP and pistols and help you move better in general. It is really an underrated move and help you with all kinds of physical endeavours.

fortunately I've got a 35 lb kb. and i been doing NW plus 5 to 8 sets of 2 handed swing for the the past couple days.. done S and S style but with a few minutes of jump roping as a brief warmup instead of mobility circuit.. trying to follow instructions from cost of adaptation article.. not doing furey's program atm, just NW + swings and some rope

oddlyupon returning to NW after a couple of weeks of rest I experienced another gain in strength just like the last time i took a break from NW.. OAPU are much easier now, even from a lower elevation..

Swings, snatches, i.e. a big pull (a chink in the armour of the bodyweight training only) + conditioning, as recommended in The Naked Warrior book.

Hello,

A good "average solution" is 2 sessions of each (swings + snatches) or going for 1 week blocks. This second option permits to get some rest for the shoulders if needed.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

Swings are excellent in this respect. Indeed, heavy swings transfer pretty well to snatches IMO, in terms of raw strength and cardio.

For instance, I have trained for long time with heavy swings, and then passed the snatch test without too much trouble and without too much specific work

Very solid approach,

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom