all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Conditioning Question while running Fabio's Quarantine Program

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

KingofEmporia

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello,

I am running Fabio Strength during difficult times program. Quick Summary is that it calls for 3 movement push, pull, squat done in ladder sequences with the same weight over a period with volume increasing over the block. The program is three days a week but my question is that on the off days will I be over taxing myself if I do a fan bike or rowing workout that is either LISS, HIIT, and/or sprints? The movements I am doing are Bench, Front Squat, and weighted pullups where I throw in 10 medium weight TGUs and some double KB complexes. Obviously I would throw in 1 full day of rest, I just thought I would ask is because I don't want to throw my goal of strength out the window. A sample day when not doing Fabio's program would be 20s on 20s off for 20 rounds on a fan bike.

Hello,

@KingofEmporia
It depends on the goal. If your goal is to progress the Quarantine Program, then you have to scale up (or down) the conditioning alongside. The other way around is true as well.

Usually, LISS permits to recover slightly faster (but one does not have to hesitate to do very easy LISS). 30-40minutes 3x a week is plenty. If this is too much, scale down to 2. That way, strength and LISS benefits from each other.

Something more geared toward A+A (sprints, bike, etc...) is usually more taxing.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom