all posts post new thread

5/3/1 - Back from the Dead(lift)

Day 4 Pull

A) Block Pull- 175 kgs x 3 x 3 sets
B) Elevated Rdls- 125 kgs x 8 x 2 sets
C) One arm Row - 26 kgs x 8 x 2 sets

Neat little training session. I’ve opted for block pulls as my main lift to spare my lower back and they cause no issues. My back side from the traps, upper back, lats, erectors, glutes and hammies were all quite punished by all the cleans yesterday. It’s funny how sore I get with this training as opposed to when I was training full body 6 times a week but the volume is definitely condensed, gone from Sheiko style to old American powerlifting style.

Since the blocks pulls are shorter, I think the RDLs on the plate work well to keep that end range mobility. I feel my hamstrings, calves getting massively stretched and nearly touch the ground with the plates (the elevation is about 4 - 5 inches but who’s measuring).

I’m keeping the volume lower on the lower body lifts, opting for 3 instead of 5 sets to also spare the spine, which is handling quite a workload during the week.

Block pull

Day 6, 7 (Off)

Week 2
Day 1

A)Floor Press- 105 kgs x 4 x 4 sets
B) CG FP (paused) 78 kgs x 7,5
C) Single Arm Inc Press- 26 kgs x 8,8
D) Band Circuit (ER, Face Pulls, Rows) x 2

Solid session. It takes a few sets for floor press to “turn on” as I jump from 52 kgs right to the 105 kgs. A lady told me today that the blocks actually weigh more than I’d thought. My squat workouts are actually at 140 kgs instead of 135 and my CG presses are 78 as opposed to 75. Ok. Not bad.

Floor Press

CG Paused

Day 6, 7 (Off)

Week 2
Day 1

A)Floor Press- 105 kgs x 4 x 4 sets
B) CG FP (paused) 78 kgs x 7,5
C) Single Arm Inc Press- 26 kgs x 8,8
D) Band Circuit (ER, Face Pulls, Rows) x 2

Solid session. It takes a few sets for floor press to “turn on” as I jump from 52 kgs right to the 105 kgs. A lady told me today that the blocks actually weigh more than I’d thought. My squat workouts are actually at 140 kgs instead of 135 and my CG presses are 78 as opposed to 75. Ok. Not bad.

Floor Press

CG Paused

Walkers are going back home telling people, they saw this young guy lifting Fred Flintstone's barbell in the park. Looked easy.

Day 2 Squat

A) Squat 140 kgs x 4,3,2
B) HB Squat (paused) - 105 kgs x 6,6
C) Zercher Lunge - 52 kgs x 6,6

Squat day seems to bring misfortune, sadly. It was raining albeit not hard today. First set felt really solid. I felt I had several left in the tank. Second set didn’t look bad and probably could’ve gotten four but three felt like enough. Third set suffered misfortune of having one of the blocks slide off the bar after unracking. Luckily I was okay and adjusted it but by the third set I was pretty tired. When I test my high rep set, I’ll take a more extensive warmup. Multiple sets at the weight are tiring. Assistance pretty much the same as last week but the pauses felt longer and deeper, which is enough for me.

Squat

Day 1
A) Floor Press - 105 kgs x 5,6,6
B) CG FP (paused) - 77 kgs x 8,6
C) Single Arm Inc Press - 26 kgs x 10,10 per arm
D) Band series - Face pulls, throat pulls, rows x 2 rounds.

After a week of dormancy, my strength surprised me. I’d been so busy with school that I’d been too tired, unmotivated to go lift. The park is a 20 minute metro ride and hour walk back and it’s been raining so I didn’t train this whole time. I thought FP would be crummy but to my surprise, the first set of 5 felt so easy, I did sixes for the final two. I also did a press workout during this time which I neglected to record, about a week ago. Today’s session felt great! I hope squats tomorrow also feel good.

Last press workout
A) Push Press - 77 kgs x 4 x 4 sets
B) CG 1.5 Presses - 52 kgs x 3,3,3
C ) Standing Single Arm press

Your barbell setup looks awesome! The actual weights look like bases for traffic signs,
or something similar. Very creative, I like it.
Haha those plates pretty much are! They’re construction discs that hold poles and they’re basically scattered all over the city! It’s convenient as they have handles and say the weight on them. They’ve been trusty allies in these odd times

Day 2 Squats

A) Squats 140 x 3,2
B) HB squats (paused) 105 x 8,6
C)BSS x 20,15,15

Squats felt meh. Odd how my squat erodes faster than my flat press. Not sure what adjustment. I feel I do better with one set RM and variety. No worry though. Adjustments to be made!

Day 3/4 Off

Day 5 Press

A) Press - 52 kgs x 5 x 4 sets
B) Bench (paused) - 52 kgs x 10 x 5 sets

bench was mostly practice, there’s a rack at the park now so I may start doing actual flat/ mild incline bench presses. Long pauses and fast starts. Didn’t do push presses because a fellow was sharing the bar so I kept our loads similar. The bar is too warped to clean now. A bent bar is damn near impossible to clean, as the rotation for the catch becomes near impossible. Luckily, I can use these racks!

Haha those plates pretty much are! They’re construction discs that hold poles and they’re basically scattered all over the city! It’s convenient as they have handles and say the weight on them. They’ve been trusty allies in these odd times
Is that some kind of european thing?? Weights listed on construction discs?!?! America is so lame sometimes. No calisthenics parks here either! At least not where I live...

Is that some kind of european thing?? Weights listed on construction discs?!?! America is so lame sometimes. No calisthenics parks here either! At least not where I live...
I like to believe I invented it! ? whereabouts are you sir? The calisthenics parks are way a big thing here tho for sure

I like to believe I invented it! ? whereabouts are you sir? The calisthenics parks are way a big thing here tho for sure
Over here, some town official who never used the cal's park would come to tell you that weights aren't allowed in "their" park. And this pandemic "thing" has caused some people to totally lose their s_ _ _. My 81 year-old sister said a woman was screaming at the staff at Walmart yesterday, because they were out of her cat's favorite brand of food.

Over here, some town official who never used the cal's park would come to tell you that weights aren't allowed in "their" park. And this pandemic "thing" has caused some people to totally lose their s_ _ _. My 81 year-old sister said a woman was screaming at the staff at Walmart yesterday, because they were out of her cat's favorite brand of food.
It most certainly has. I think the strain of such things has taken immense total on people’s psyches. Of course...one must find a healthy way to alleviate this burden...like stacking plates on a pipe and doing squats!

It's a typical Colroado winter.... 50-70 farenheit...... sunny. Its just easier to train in my apartment where I have what I need
Wow. I suspected typical Colorado winters to be coooold...but I’ve never lived there. Of course...you guys did have a 100 degree difference between two consecutive days this year ... lol.

Back
Top Bottom