all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Conquering the Beast (My progress video)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Eerowest

First Post
Hey everyone,

Below is my progress video on training for kettlebell beast challenge. The video contains the pistol squats, pull ups and the one arm press.

My press is getting close to 48 kg, PR that you can see in the video is 44 kg.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Eero
www.VahvaFitness.com

Hi Eero

I am a newbie in kettlebells so I'll keep it simple. What jumps out the most to me is you are wearing the wrong type of shoes. It is highly recommended to practice barefoot or with hard soled shoes if that is required in your training area.

I think a new video of your presses with a 32 kg kettlebell and your breathing sounds instead of music would be very helpful to the experts in evaluating your form.

Impressive! Yes, the press form could use some tightening up. The kettlebell has to be in the rack position, paused, before the press. I think this and maybe some other of these standards are not quite met. Beast Tamer and Iron Maiden Challenge | StrongFirst

Strong work, though!

Eero - great work.

Make sure that you pause after the clean and start the press in the rack position below the chin.

Keep up the great work

Impressive! Yes, the press form could use some tightening up. The kettlebell has to be in the rack position, paused, before the press. I think this and maybe some other of these standards are not quite met. Beast Tamer and Iron Maiden Challenge | StrongFirst

Strong work, though!

Thanks for the link - I didn't even know there were strictly set guidelines.

I will certainly improve my form, these were PR lifts so the form suffered a bit.

Eero - great work.

Make sure that you pause after the clean and start the press in the rack position below the chin.

Keep up the great work

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom