all posts post new thread

Consistency is Key

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Adrian Bogle

First Post
Introduction:
Greetings, my name is Adrian and I stumbled upon this website just a couple of days ago. I figured this was a great way to get some knowledge, as well as feedback from others on their journey as well.

Height: 6'3
Weight: 152LBS

I am very skinny for my height, and I always have been. I can eat like a garbage disposal but how my metabolism works is unreal. I have never been into the "bro science" or the "ONE MORE BRO!!" type mentally when it came to working out/training. In fact, the typical go to the gym lifestyle does not interest me AT ALL. So I decided to adjust my training to fit my new hobby of doing B.J.J. I am into compound lifting, and just recently stumbled upon kettlebell training. Movement is absolute key to me, as I have never enjoyed static, isolated movements. But here is a little background around my athletics/previous training.

Past Sports/Training
Karate (Shotokon)
- 6 years / Competed at regional's, national's and stop before obtaining my black bet as I felt it would extremely disrespectful. I did numerous competitions and grew bored of the conservative mindset of fighting.
Volleyball - 3 years
Basketball - 1 season
Baseball - 3 years
Wrestling - 1 year
Dance - 4 years
Rock Climbing - 2 years

Goals
Just got into MMA, but I am focusing on my Muay Thai Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I have incorporated a barbell / kettlebell workout routine that will incorporate a Strength and Conditioning focus.
  1. Complete my 12 week training program
  2. Gain 15lbs
Training Program Setup
A = Hinges, Pull, Finishers
B = Squat, Push, Finishers

• Barbell/Kettlebell Training will be 4x/week
  • BJJ will be 2x/week
Therefore, it will be broken down into A1, B1, A2 and B2.
  1. A1
    • DL 5x5
    • Row 5x5
    • 2HSW 5x10 (5min)
  2. B1
    • SQ 5x5
    • PUS 10x5
    • KBSN 5x10 (5min)
  3. A2
    • (Light) DL 8x5
    • PUL 5x5
    • 2HSW 5x10 (5min)
  4. B2
    • PIS 5x5 (per side)
    • KBOHP 5x5
    • KBGS 5x10 (5min)
  5. BJJ
    • Tuesday
    • Thursday
Anyways, I'm open to ideas and feedback if I should adjust which exercises I do to maximize my efforts. I believe in building a foundation, so this will be a long 12 week program. If anyone is interested in the Excel sheet let me know. Cheers!

Weekly Update:

I was able to complete my entire week of training, though I did have to make a few adjustments.

Sunday - A1
Monday - B1 (Adjustments were made to the exercise due to the public gym being so packed when I trained)
Tuesday - BJJ
Wednesday - Rest (Training three days in a row with bad sleep caused me to adjust)
Thuesday - BJJ
Friday - A2
Saturday - B2
Sunday - Rest

Notes: My form during the KB Overhead Press needs major work and focus, I felt the 16KG weight was to heavy and it was compromising my form. I will make tweaks there and drop the weight. A2 (Deadlifts) I ended up going heavy but maintaining the 5x5 strength program because my original plan to complete A2 Wednesday was moved to Friday.

Injuries:
I did get an injury during BJJ but nothing severe. I hurt my upper back and neck from a poor timed sweep roll and I immediately grabbed two tennis balls to roll it out. Luckily with the help of CBD oil, foam rolling and tennis ball rolling I am about 80% after 4 days of injury. I should be 100% by Tuesday.

Anyways, see you guys next Sunday! StrongFIRST

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom